This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pylofm

Varitech
« on: July 15, 2007, 01:24:54 pm »
Hello I hope someone could help me out...I have tried to find Varitech on the internet...would anyone know their email or web address.

Thanks
Dave.

Highrise

Re: Varitech
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 01:31:36 pm »
Tel +44 1626 830830
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

Kev R

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 01:38:12 pm »
Hi,
Varitech dont have a web presence as they supply a lot of the major wfp suppliers, so dont find it necessary to sell direct to the public, However they do and  I find they will beat any price I have found anywhere else so far!
My latest system was built and supplied by them and its a fantastic quality set up. Their service is second to none.

Varitec is based at:

Unit 3 Fairfax Road, Heathfield Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot TQ12 6UD

Telephone 01626 830830

They do a catologue and are always happy to chat on the phone, just give them a ring and ask for Mike.

Hope this helps

pylofm

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 01:44:26 pm »
Thanks very much ....that helps...

Dave.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 04:57:27 pm »
Tugster.
I have an ro etc, but I too want to use rainwater.

What pump or pumps do I need and what filter? When this disscusion took place before it was said that the impurities are carbon or dirt and not mineral so a carbon filter might do.
It's a genuine question.
Any info gratefully recieved.

Kev R

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 10:48:04 pm »
You will get impurities in your rain water from the collection surface so it depends on what surface you collect the rain. Glass roofs and poly tunnels are the best surfaces. You can use a gross filtration unit then carbon before  putting it in your van tank, use a DI to polish water after your pump.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 06:44:52 am »
Thanks. You are very helpfull. I already have the di on my van. My water comes off a dirty roof and gutters about 32tds, but as others have said this will be dirt. I put it through my booster and ro a couple of times but wasn't happy with it and it may damge my system.
I do have friends with poly tunnels so that could be an avenue for the future.

I do want to harvest rainwater because it's better, but the thing is, the marketing impilications are enormous. Anyone smart enought to put this together can print there own bank notes.

Kev R

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 08:49:37 am »
Not sure I would agree with the print the own bank note thing but it is a good selling point.
If you want to be able to get a good supply of rain water how about approaching a environmentally friendly or organic farmer with tunnels. In the mean time start a collection of  any used lengths of guttering, a few phone calls to local builders will sort that out, so you are ready when the time comes to construct a collection system. Another avenue i considered was having customers with rain butts from conservatorys only for you to utilise around your round but supplying the butts would be expensive and not cost effective unless someting could be worked out in advance or the butts would be donated? Its an untapped market for sure. Your resin on  a tds of 32ppm would last a couple of months with average usage. I would not pass this water through a ro system due to the damage it might cause but its just a complication, a straight forward large Di system would be cost effective enough and environmentally sound.

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 08:34:19 pm »
I don't see how you would be able to collect or store enough rain water to run a commercially viable operation. You need to work every day so you need water every day.
Essencially, whats the difference between rainwater collected off your roof and rainwater collected by the water company in thier reservoir. Its all rainwater.

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 08:54:02 pm »
There's a massive difference and advantage. You are not using that which is a public asset. You are not adding to the carbon footprint. Any company or individual wanting to use a carbon neutral, enviromentaly sound, renewable system would have to list you as a prefered supplier.

Many companies, govt agencies, are bound by this because they have stated and advertise that that is their position.

Any profficent user of this method would not be legally subject to future drought orders.

You might not agree, or think it's significant, but a lot of people would rather die than have a plastic bag as part of any purchase. And Vince, I am not talking about window cleaning, I am talking about marketing. There is an element of common sence in what you say, but it is not applicable.

Kev R

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 11:03:38 pm »
Well said that man ;D

craig jwc

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 11:14:49 pm »
I've used rainwater a couple of times mixed with tap water.

I put an old pair of tights (not mine ::)) over the filler cap in my IBC tank so it collected any muck and filled the tank in the van.

Ran it all through the DI bottle in the van as i don't use an RO.

Couldn't collect enough water just to run on rainwater though.

Kev R

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 11:10:16 am »
The only way to be able to commercially collect enough rain water is to colaborate with some one with a very large or multiple roofs of the correct type. Unless your very lucky and have the roof space yourself.  Its not hard to do this especially with organic farmers. Location and ease of collection for you is also an issue. If you had to drive miles to collect the rain water everyday you would be doing the environment more harm than good. I still think that water butts placed at specifc houses on your round would be ideal, I am talking to the council about suppling some as part of the recycling scheme in our area with no luck as yet. Some customers have donated water butts and roof space for the purpose without charge. Its still pioneering stuff but it will improve with time. The transfer pump is also another issue. Gravity feed is of course the most environmentally sound way of water transfer but this is not always possible. I am sourcing a large manual transfer pump but dont know if this will be viable until I trial it.

There is nothing wrong with using tights, especially if recycled, I use a fine metal seive as first course filter.

craig jwc

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 12:02:54 pm »
You not working today Kev?

Craig

Kev R

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 04:01:28 pm »
No, im well up to date so im doing the accounts and a bit of marketing. Maybe a visit to varitech tomorrow as i need some resin. Hows you?

craig jwc

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 08:38:32 pm »
Didn't work today.
Very heavy rain this morning.
By time it stopped i was half way through something at home, and didn't want to leave it.

Went over Varitech today to meet Rich P@F (Broke his pole ::))