This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dudek

Setting up static system
« on: July 14, 2007, 08:46:31 pm »
Hello,

I want to create a static system in the back yard can anyone help with what to purchase.

I live in a hard water area 385 plus

JM123

Re: Setting up static system
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:36:52 pm »
Ok dudek

Firstly, how fast do you want to produce water?  If you only want to produce 500ltrs a day then something like a 300gpd ro-man should do.  Check your water pressure first, if its below 50psi get a pumped system.

If you want to produce water much faster then a 4040 is the ticket.

Next you need to decide how much water you want to store and how much you can actually store - if you have room then a second hand IBC tank will be cheap and hold 1000ltrs or more - if you don't have the room then a couple of water butts will have to suffice.

Finally, getting the water to the van/trailer - if the tank is on the ground you will need a submersible pump, 100ltrs/min as a minimum.  Attached to this you need transfer hose, work out what you need and then add another 5mtrs on just in case.

You will also need a selection of fittings but decide first if you want a 4040 or a small Ro-man unit.  Any good supplier will throw in all the fittings you need.

If you're stuck at all e-mail me j.mills175@btinternet.com

regards
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

dudek

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 09:40:20 pm »
Thanks will no doubt be in touch :)

JM123

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 09:42:33 pm »
not a problem, glad to help :)