This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mattsimm

Local Authority work
« on: July 14, 2007, 08:18:14 am »
i have been approched recently about being included in the government register for local authority work ( hospitals, libraries, police stations etc.)  in my area(Kent). You get included in their 'book' and then receive contract alerts when they come up so that you can tender for them. there is a yearly fee, not huge, would easily be covered even if recieved one contract.
has anyone else here been contacted with this sort of thing, or used it in the past? was it worth it? What do you think?

Re: Local Authority work
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:02:35 am »
hi matt.

We did the same thing last year (the fee wasnt astronomical either as you said). We havent recieved a single alert from them, except contracts that are in Belfast or Liverpool! Not exactly East Midlands area, as promised. I think it depends on which scheme type thing it is. Give me a ring and I will tell you who we went with. Maybe we just got caught out with this one and there might be others that are worth it.

Bev X

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 09:19:27 am »
i have been approched recently about being included in the government register for local authority work ( hospitals, libraries, police stations etc.)  in my area(Kent). You get included in their 'book' and then receive contract alerts when they come up so that you can tender for them. there is a yearly fee, not huge, would easily be covered even if recieved one contract.
has anyone else here been contacted with this sort of thing, or used it in the past? was it worth it? What do you think?

I have received a couple of telesales calls about this in recent weeks.  If you listen to the sales spill, they only say they will put you into an online directory and ask you if you are interested in local government work.  They called themselves gov dot uk - IMO probably an attempt to sound like they are more closely linked to local government than they actually are.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 02:50:05 pm »
hi shiner thats the one i'm with well not any more waste of money! promise you the world to make a sale! stay away!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 07:38:01 pm »
hi shiner thats the one i'm with well not any more waste of money! promise you the world to make a sale! stay away!

Don't worry.  I will be staying away.  I don't normally entertain such callers but I gave them something to think about this time.  My reply to them was that local authority work was so badly priced I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.  She obviously didn't have a pre-arranged response to that line so the call ended.  ;D

forest

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 07:11:38 pm »
Best thing to do is just look up your local authorities web site and all the current tenders are listed anyway. Be aware that these contracts often require huge amounts of paperwork even to be considered. I paid £960 to BIP Solutions that did exactly what you have said, sure i got alerts but unless you have a lot of H&S ETC ETC then you could find yourself scratching your head just trying to work out what they are asking for let alone how to go about putting it all together.