Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

This job rules!!!!
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:49:10 pm »
Man I love this job!!!!!

I don't brag about my earnings or tell anyone how much I earn as that's my business.

But this week made me really appreciate how lucky I am at 23 years old to have my own business and being my own boss. Its great!!!

This week I earned a lot more than the average job pays and in total only work 20 hours max all week.

I started a 9am every day this week.

My friend is working on a local farm erecting a shed near to where I was working so I was popping in there a couple of times a day to see him and give him a hand. We went out for lunch every day to a cafe and sometimes ended up sitting there talking away for nearly 2 hours.

In what other job could you have that flexibility????

I love this job!

DASERVICES

Re: This job rules!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 09:53:28 pm »
Wait until you become a National  ;D ;D

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 09:56:19 pm »
I wish!!!

That would me great!

What about me and you teaming up? ;D

You cover up to avimore and I'll cover the rest above! ;D

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 09:59:36 pm »
Man I love this job!!!!!

I don't brag about my earnings or tell anyone how much I earn as that's my business.

But this week made me really appreciate how lucky I am at 23 years old to have my own business and being my own boss. Its great!!!

This week I earned a lot more than the average job pays and in total only work 20 hours max all week.

I started a 9am every day this week.

My friend is working on a local farm erecting a shed near to where I was working so I was popping in there a couple of times a day to see him and give him a hand. We went out for lunch every day to a cafe and sometimes ended up sitting there talking away for nearly 2 hours.

In what other job could you have that flexibility????

I love this job!

110% agree...With this job if you get the "formula" right you can earn as much or as little as you like. I do feel though that there's too many postings crowing about how much they earn....MESSAGE TO THEM..."earn it and keep it quiet"!!!

Dean Aspects

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 10:00:43 pm »
I wish!!!

That would me great!

What about me and you teaming up? ;D

You cover up to avimore and I'll cover the rest above! ;D

Hey get off my patch!!!

;) ;D

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 10:03:32 pm »

Hey get off my patch!!!

;) ;D

Where you based?

NWH

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 10:04:38 pm »
The thing is the better you do the more you want till in the end your working all the hours god sends cos unless you earn the same week in week out you end up thinking you`ve had a bad one,when in reality you`ve had a better week than most but because your used to a certain amount you keep putting the hours in,well i do anyway.It`s hard in this job to strike a happy medium.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 10:07:42 pm »
Clear Vision
i am based in Angus also do a bit in Dundee and Perthshire

The plan was to expand into more areas but have decided to downsize and be a sole trader again less stressful

Clear Vision

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 10:09:03 pm »
Are you mainly domestic or commercial?

Dean Aspects

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 10:22:32 pm »
About 75% domestic
and 25% commercial

its only this year that the commercial has taken off after 13years in the biz!!

neil100

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 10:25:45 pm »
SIMON KNIGHT.

Whats your problem with somone posting what they earn.

Are you part of the jealous Brigade or something.

If someone posts they earn £500 or £1 grand a week, whats your problem with that.

Some do earn that and more. But in the bigger world we live in its not the Be all and end all.

Tell Alan Sugar how much you earn, if its a grand a week he will look down his nose at you. Its nothing to him or a lot of the high flyers in the city.

If any w/cleaner is on over £500 a week, GOOD FOR THEM. You can be sure of one thing thet are working their BL***y socks off for it.

Money does not just fall into your lap in this game. But if you are prepared to work hard and Build a Quality round you will get rewarded Financially for it. It aint easy, its hard manual work in all sorts of weathers from the Burning heat of the sun( That will be the day ) to the soakings of winter, or the mind chilling cold of an early morning start to the battering of a windy day.

You should look at the positives and not the negatives. I have put down what I earn before, Not to crow about it but to open up other w/cleaners eyes as to what they can earn if they set their round up properly.

I know this job can have massive benifts and you can fit your own lifestyle around work. It has tremendous freedom to offer and you can earn a full time wage for part time work.

But its a young mans game, so my advice is earn the money whilst you have the energy of youth on your side, then when age starts taking its toll, cut right back on the work and spend some of the money you have saved over the years.

Nel ;D

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 07:02:15 am »
I'm with Simon on this one. Be discreet, some of the posting on here in the past sould like the Harry Enfield charachter Loads-a-money.

Its not about jealousy, what you earn should be your business and nobody elses. I know, and I'm sure Simon knows what can be earned. The people that matter know what can be earned. So who's interested in reading all about it?

Ian Rochester

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 07:27:35 am »
You're right, it can be the best job in the world.

I do love this job, however it's not as enjoyable as when I first started as a sole trader (carpet cleaning) and I had time to take the dog for a walk along the beach between jobs, or take the day off to go golfing.

It's true what NWH says, the bigger you get the harder you have to work to maintain it.  We now have 10 staff doing all aspects of cleaning, including 4 window cleaners, and just managing them as well as trying to work yourself makes for a long and sometimes stressful days work.

I am seriously thinking of stepping back from the hands on work which I really enjoy and spending more time managing and growing the business from above, only then may I again have time to walk the dog and have a game of golf.

I made a New Years resolution to have at least one game of golf a month.......managed it in January!  Got a second game booked for this coming Thursday........hopefully.

Enjoy it whilst you're in a position to.

Highrise

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 09:15:23 am »
I must have had some 30 - 40 jobs working from Burger king to work in sales  :o  :o before I started this w/c job...... I wished i did it years ago..... I'm in this job for life now  8)
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

groundhog

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 09:47:16 am »
I have said it before that boasting of high earnings does non of us any good, it only encourages more and more people into window cleaning which = more competition which will eventually lead to lower charges and lower earnings :-\

steve k

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 09:58:52 am »
it doesn`t lower earnings...it makes people charge more and places a more realistic price on our services within the outdated £2 a week community.

What people always forget is how hard it is to get a round together...if any Tom, Dick or Harry came along and tried to take your customers away by undercutting:

1) They would take years to build a round because your customers on the whole would not drop familiarity of their present and trusted cleaner for a stranger for a couple of pounds saving.

2) They would then be working 60 hours plus of hard, laborious labour for buttons and would bale out at the first opportunity.

Stop worrying and tell anyone interested how much you earn...there is not much to shout about being a window cleaner...the salary can rejuvenate your enthusiasm and informing others may motivate them as well.

LWC

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 10:05:40 am »
I have said it before that boasting of high earnings does non of us any good, it only encourages more and more people into window cleaning which = more competition which will eventually lead to lower charges and lower earnings :-\

gotta say i disagree there, not starting an arguement lol. the only reason we're on this forum is because we're window cleaners, not just anyone looks on here. if anything, the earnings ive seen on here has helped me.

if people do look on here and think, wow they earn alot, theyll be dammed surprised when they actually go out and try it...its not that easy to get to that stage. ive been doing it 4 years now, and i would say ive earned a good wage. but now and only now that im earning a higher than average wage from it. i love going out for a day and earning more than you could in a week in retail. and if i wanna talk about it on here then so be it...wages like thsi dont come in 5 mins! hence the new window cleaners who dont stay around for long when they realise they do actually have to work for good money...

simon knight

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 10:26:20 am »

Nel, I was brought up in the old school: where ones earnings were between oneself, employer and the taxman.

I'm not the jealous type, if people earn 10 times what I earn through hard work then the very best of luck to them, but I just can't see the purpose in telling the whole world.

Simon

groundhog

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 10:31:05 am »
Well said Simon, its just common sense that boasting is not a good thing.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 10:56:29 am »
With some people it possibly is boasting but with others i think they are genuinely either wanting to tell others for the sake of encouragement or they have reached a new target and they are proud and want to tell someone