This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Groundhog
« on: July 13, 2007, 05:07:24 pm »
The posts you put up are snide or just to get some ones back up. I sometimes wonder if you are a wc at all. I cant remember the last time you posted advice that helps.

We dont mind a bit of banter now & again but when i see a post that comes from you i know its a reply from a waster thats not worth reading.

Macc

JM123

Re: Groundhog
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 05:37:50 pm »
hi macc

why have you started a thread to attack someone?

has something happened to trigger this?
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 06:18:23 pm »
Hi JM123.

I can understand why you ask.

If you look at his posts they are comments that are to get your back up or snide. A bit of banter is fun but not when these are continuous.

He has not posted regular for a while but this is what he did last time.

I feel there are comments made that when some one posts a question up that mocking them is not what we are here for, we are to help.

Say i make a comment to Squeaky or Tosh that may come accross blunt it different as i've been posting to them for 18 months but when comments are continous on the majority of posts to everyone its out of order.

Example, some one posted up about sign writing on roof of van, he had already had 6 jobs from it, my thoughts were great idea but not for me, Groundhogs post "DAFT". We are here to encourage each other & help, not to always belittle.

To the mods, i'm sorry if i've over stepped the mark.

Macc

JM123

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 07:00:42 pm »
ahh I see, well everyone is entitled to post what they like although if you feel some of his posts are belittling or indeed offensive then you have the right to also question his judgement on the issues involved.

For example, if he writes 'DAFT' to a question relating to signwriting the roof of a van then you could reply with something like 'how would you know, you haven't got yours done' or 'I suppose thats why even large companies such as BT signwrite the roof of some of their vans for the purpose of advertising to tenants/owners of 4th floor flats'.

Personally I don't like it when someone writes only to demean someone or something, especially when its something they have no real experience of it and are only expressing an uneducated opinion of the subject matter.

I remember a while back someone (un-named) replied to a posting I had made about a certain topic, the resultant reply was so pathetically ignorant that I simply removed the posting to avoid anymore confrontation, there are certain things I know about (such as how ro works, stress strain analysis, engineering in general), I have more expertise in these areas than most and so I feel that I can offer advice, the same is true with electrical and electronic engineering and chemical engineering - another forum member, jeff, is also well versed in electrical matters and often he knows as much, if not more about it than I do. 

So the same principle applies to signwriting the roof of a van, I know very little about it - I can't see any major benefits to it but looking around I can see other companies do it, they are clearly making money, so I can't see any reason why forum members wouldn't signwrite the roof of their van.  If it works for other companies then it may work for us.

It may and it may not, one thing is for sure though.........

DON'T KNOW IT TILL YOU'VE TRIED IT. ;)

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 07:13:53 pm »
Your posts Jm123 are worth aread as they are always helpfull. Thats my point, have a bit of banter but helpfull, thats what its all about on here.

For every 10 posts you make 10 are help his are more like 10 - 1.

Macc

JM123

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:21:09 pm »
thanks macc

I'm not going to comment on others posts but for anyone else reading this, just remember that cray as some questions seem, a question is exactly that, someone is asking for advice or help - not belittlement

Ballymena N.I

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 07:30:01 pm »
ok I'm off out to get the roof of my van signwritten, I will probably need to take on extra staff though to cope with the massive influx of customers that I will get!!!! ;D

JM123

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 08:31:56 pm »
hahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ballymena N.I

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 09:13:26 pm »
Glad you liked my post JM123 ;D

Bazzy1999

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 09:21:59 pm »
Groundhog.... you have been a member for a while like me and heard it all before but never a signwritten roof...
It could be the way to go you never know..  ;D

Bazz...

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 09:37:05 pm »
I am preparing my roof design as we speak Bazz ;D

Bazzy1999

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 09:46:48 pm »
You could park at your local airport you may get some new custys comming home from there hols..  ;D

Sorry all but joking apart i think it can be a good idea if you do a lot of flats and Commercial work..

Bazz...

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 09:53:12 pm »
Great idea Baz ;D and well done for adding your last sentence to be politically correct, otherwise you may offend someone ;)

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 09:54:39 pm »
I had a topic thread about me once.

You are now in very elite company Groundhog that includes Alex Gardiner, and many of the notables on this site. Congratulations!
It is of course invidious to castigate an individual though and the mods should have bumped it.

groundhog

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 10:00:22 pm »
Thankyou ;D and I have to thank Macc for giving me the great honour of having my own topic thread 8) Cheers mate, and as you may have noticed I returned the favour, but for some strange reason nobody seems interested in that thread ;)

tacky

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 10:55:35 pm »
im going to put a message on my van roof for the police helicops any ideas  .

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 10:58:04 pm »
Thankyou ;D and I have to thank Macc for giving me the great honour of having my own topic thread 8) Cheers mate, and as you may have noticed I returned the favour, but for some strange reason nobody seems interested in that thread ;)

Group hug  :-*

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 12:05:50 am »
I know you love me really Macc :-*

P®oPole™

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 12:01:10 pm »
Groundhog,

You need to chill man ::) All you do here is wind pople up.

Remember what i told you the other day, being noticed in business is a good thing!

ProPole

delete me.........

JM123

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 12:08:41 pm »
pro, we need you back on the forum more often big fella.

hows business going?

Ballymena N.I