This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mrs Nicholls

smoking room that needs a clean
« on: July 13, 2007, 02:23:19 pm »
Hi guys n girls

have just haad an enquiry, a guy has been using one of his bedrooms in his house as a smokers room, or people who stay at his house stay in that room and soke in there, somthing like that, he says the ceiling, walls furniture and fixtures etc need a total degunge to get this cr^p off, having not gone into this type of heavy clean before, does anyone know the best methods/products for this type of thing?

Thanks
Lisa

John Kelly

Re: smoking room that needs a clean
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 03:12:08 pm »
Any high alkaline cleaner will do it. Make him aware that any emulsioned surfaces or non washable wallpaper may be adversely affected.
Put the solution in a trigger spray, spray the surface then wipe off. Once the cloth is dirty use a new one. Its no use using buckets of water with a few cloths because in a few minutes you have a bucket of liquid Nicotine.
Terry towel cloths are the best as they absorb more of the gunge.

dustdees

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:51:55 pm »
Hi Lisa,

Sugar soap work wonders!!!!!!!

Try that I would it's great for heavy duty jobs!!!!!!!

domestic bliss

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 07:08:47 pm »
I agree with dustdees.  Sugarsoap is brilliant for that kind of thing.  You can get it from diy places like focus etc.

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 12:47:21 pm »
hi
thanks for the tips, is it best to start at the skirtings and work up, as with normal wall cleaning? or start at the ceiling and work down?

can imagine lots of gross nicotine running everywhere, also  i would imagine full healthn safety ie, face masks,  goggles, gloves should be fun trying to get the girls to wear them lol.

Bertie Boo

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 12:53:03 pm »
Lisa

That point you made about cleaning walls from the bottom up, does it work for you?

I have to say that i get in an equal amount of mess whether i clean up or down.

I dont like having to clean walls (thankfully i dont have to often) unless its a tiled wall...

Cheers

Stephen

The Great One

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 07:05:46 pm »
Hi

On all walls tiled or otherwise you work from the bottom up.

Regards

Martin 8)

Bertie Boo

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 07:17:51 pm »
Up it is then  ::)

i hate cleaning walls  :(

stephen

John Kelly

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 07:20:18 pm »
You always work from bottom up. The reason is if you get runs it is running onto a wet surface and can easily be wiped off. If you start at the top and you get runs down onto the dry parts it absorbs into the surface and is a pig to remove.

Bertie Boo

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 07:29:38 pm »
'a pig to remove'....

aint that the truth  :'(

stephen

steve13bcfc

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 09:35:07 am »
for heavily stained areas ive always been a believer in in  steam. as regards many emulsion paint walls and cellings if its silk emulsion you have a chance in cleaning the stains, but if its matt emulsion then you will be losing a battle and advise the customer to repaint the walls in a silk emulsion.

ceiling Pro

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 03:55:10 pm »
Always work from bottom to top - John Kelly has the best and correct answers. No point in repeating and he's so right about the use of clean cloths. Now pubs are non-smoking, more of this kind of work is coming available.

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 04:02:08 pm »
scrub upwards and rinse downwards