This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Luke Johnson

HOW MUCH DOES A 25FT AND 45FT TUCKER WEIGH
« on: July 12, 2007, 06:23:30 pm »
So how much does a 25ft and 45ft tucker pole weigh? and are they whippy?!!

Luke Johnson

Re: HOW MUCH DOES A 25FT AND 45FT TUCKER WEIGH
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »
Ive got the stats now, them things must be killers to work with, 18kg at 83ft, that would kill somebody if it fell over, thats just stupid, typical Americans "bigger is better". A 45ft  one is 6.8kg, thats a joke, I know they have some very good brushes and all but surely a weight like that out "weighs"!!! the good points, they look they were built to give divers back in Victorian times a way back to the surface!!! And no easy to close and open clamps! you need a special tool to open and close them "sorry madame, I've lost my clamp tool in your roses, so I wont be able to clean those 83ft high windows. Spose its better that way, because I have these sudden bouts of full body cramp, and that 18kg pole could just plumet ontop of your childrens heads" !!!!

gary evans

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 07:01:13 pm »
luke

Would have to check figures but i,ve used Tucker for nearly 5 years, I still agree with the majority that they are the best, especially the Brush.

I,ve invested in ionics ergo for 60ft but build quality is no where near as good. I,ve used & brought other poles, but, always prefer tucker.

I have one van with 35 ft, 25 ft 6 ft ground poles & you can work all day.

Gary

Luke Johnson

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:54:59 pm »
dont you find the clamps, with the clamp tool annoying?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 09:11:40 pm »
The 83ft Tucker is a three man pole, 2 on the base and one on the roof. The Ergo 2 60ft is a 2 man pole.

billozz

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 11:05:56 pm »
The 83ft Tucker is a three man pole, 2 on the base and one on the roof. The Ergo 2 60ft is a 2 man pole.

what roof?
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

gary evans

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 06:14:09 am »
Luke

The new pennel clamp has greatly improved the locking system for them. Expensive but far better.

Gary

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 08:17:49 am »
You dont need the "tool" to tighten the clamps you can do them up hand tight and if you need to use the pole 80foot high which i have done "once 2 in 4 years then you can tighten with any spanner or pliers so you dont need the "tool" plus think of this if you do get to clean 80 foot up then that customer would have had to pay for a platform so you can adjust your price accordingly

EasyClean

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 04:33:12 pm »
Tucker poles with pennel clamps are the bees knees. I haven't found a brush head that can beat 'Tucker'. Pennel clamps grip better than the 'worm gear' clamps and require no tool to tighten or loosen (quicker and easier too). Poles are heavier in comparison to other poles yet feel lighter to work with simply because the weight of the poles are more evenly distributed along the entire length of the poles (instead of bottom heavy). Also the poles are not as whippy as most poles including some carbon fibre poles. The Tucker poles bend less whilst cleaning awkward windows over conservatory roofs. The only pole I would prefer to use over conservatory roofs would be a Gardiner supplied telescopic version of the supalite pole when it is finally on sale (coming soon as Alex says :))
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!