Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

Re: WFP and soap
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 08:03:38 pm »
Thats not good .... care to say more squeaks
It's the home of an actress and her knighted husband.
No-one anyone would have heard of, mind.

They hadn't been done with the pole until last month, as they were having work done.
I warned the housekeeper it may only be 98% perfect first time, and I had to tell them I couldn't remove a sticky label that the builders had left on a dormer window. ::)

I got an answerphone message today saying I was no longer "required"
Maybe some of the old windows leaked, maybe I left runs I don't know.
Old georgian sashes aren't good wfp candidates.

It's job I that Ian used to do for 10 years or so, then when bought some work off him I carried on doing it as one of mine.

So basically they've had the same people for 20-odd years. :(

Shame when people dont give it more than 1 try, cause i think even some of the worst windows come good eventually

Pittmonkey

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 08:12:32 pm »
If this is a decent priced job I’d be inclined to ring them and explain how they are a long and valued customer and anything they were not happy with you would try and put right for them. Even if they don’t accept your service you will know what the problem was and possibly learn from it.

Wayne

P.S Sorry Rob looks like this thread has been hijacked
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 08:29:28 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you lost your good/biggest job squeaks.

I do a big old georgian one and it comes up well(to my surprised relief), as do any old leaded that i have done. I've had my share of disasters and complaints though.

From your post you seem to deal with the housekeeper, and not the actual householder.

I believe that you have a perfect right to get mr or mr's actress on the phone and say that you have been cleaning their windows for twenty years both as an employee of someone else , and on your own behalf. You could point out that you have given good service, been honest, and discreet over this period. You deserve a bit more than an answer phone message.

I think you've got an excellent chance of getting this back if you can bypass the housekeeper.

As regards what Matt says, yes your van should be signwriten but if you haven't got the money that can't be helped. Mines brilliant , fantastic, but it hasn't got me any work yet. In theory though it should and I think you agree with that.

I always get the sence with you squeaky that you rubbish WFP, If you go around telling people (the housekeeper for instance) that it's crap then you can't expect them to be supportive.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 08:35:21 pm »
If you don`t have confidence in WFP as someone mentioned earlier today i do think that your customers can sense it for sure,if you have a customer that thinks it dosen`t work do just 1 small window inside after you`ve done the outside just to prove them wrong,they`ll never question you again.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 09:16:28 pm »
Grrrrr!!!! >:(

I do have confidence in it (at least to my customers).
I always act "You'll love this" sort of fashion to new ones.

I used to be a salesman. I know what I'm doing.

It's not my fault if I've got a load of sceptical whingers.
I said this would happen before I got wfp, but everyone told me customers love it. ::)

They don't.
I've had about 10 people out of 200-odd who genuinely seem impressed.

DASERVICES

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 09:26:29 pm »
You will find that those type of windows leak, have a few myself and have had to them trad.

niceandclean

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 09:38:30 pm »
I had sceptical whingers, and like you i was a salesman for 11 years, but thier sceptisim turned into, "You were right they are much better"!! I did not loose one customer on the change over, and all new customers cant belive this new to the market system to clean windows!! ;D I always explain how the system will clean and always leave explination letters wether the customer is home or not. Its all about how you go about selling it to your customer, you have to have faith in any product or service you sell. To be honest i dont really care if it does a better job or not, im only in it for the money making side of things.  

groundhog

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 11:52:20 pm »
I totally agree with you Squeaky, the customers definately prefer the finish they get from trad, thats why I do most downstairs trad, especially if the customer is in, keep em happy thats what I say ;D

macmac

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2007, 12:15:56 am »
The problem with you squeeks is you listen to the wrong advise. You were fed a load of bu****it when you first considered wfp & you fell for it. I personaly tried to tell you the downsides of wfp & got slated for it when i was actualy trying to help you. If you go back & read your post about getting your new van you will see, then you can ask all the posters on it why you arn't earing 2k a week, or why all your customers dont love wfp, or why you havent replaced all the wingers with top paying new accounts, or why you havent expanded into a massive wfp empire. etc. etc.
As i said ages ago in one of your first wfp considering posts. take good advise, honest advise & dont just follow the sheep.  ;)
You could have easily got the sticker off by the way.

tony

niceandclean

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 12:29:08 am »
I totally agree with you Squeaky, the customers definately prefer the finish they get from trad, thats why I do most downstairs trad, especially if the customer is in, keep em happy thats what I say ;D

You want to come and speak to some of my customers, think you will get a different answer!!

edd

Re: WFP and soap New
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007, 11:44:13 am »
HEY this is a soap thread!!!!!! >:( >:(
I use Evans neutral hard surface cleaner being neutral it cleans in
half the time with excellent results and no spots with hardly any more rinsing
TFR on con roofs but only when needed do I use soap we also use the same soap to clean trad so we keep a bottle in trad pockets at all times
not lost any custys all mine love the results and safety of wfp must be the hot water ;D ;D