This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Another Bad Day
« on: July 12, 2007, 02:09:50 pm »
Nice little end of cul-de-sac four in a row £12 each, did the first one, got" not this time" from the second, third one had a new six foot fence with bolted panel, fourth one had two locked gates that wern't there before ripped my watch strap off and lost the pin trying to get in. Drove off in a huff to the next job and left my pole behind. Did a couple more when a neighbour says how much to do mine? Tenner I say cos it's the same as the one I'm on. Wrong! It's got a kitchen extension and a loft conversion on the back. I do it anyway, tread on my pole, get caught in the rain then custy says can you do it every ten weeks! I hate this job.

MJH

Re: Another Bad Day
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:34:58 pm »
That is a truly terrible day chap we all have them, chin up theres always tomorrow ;D

Luke Johnson

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:50:25 pm »
I had a great day, I'm getting faster and faster ( trad 4 months going pole ), I am finished by 2, usually it would have taken until 5, so I have shaved loads of hours off by experience

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 03:02:15 pm »
I have had a bad day also, one of my new cleaners spent 2 hours cleaning a con roof on the worng house!!!!!!!!

Luke Johnson

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 03:04:51 pm »
I did that once, I cleaned the back of the wrong house in a terrace!!!! the owners werent even happy they had a free clean, they just got angry

dudek

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 04:02:33 pm »
If its a free for all i have just got my new tucker pole (Lovely) i was desperate to go out and work with it as my cheap universal one has lasted 6 weeks of 1st clean and is in a sorry state,

so im putting it all together and as im connecting mygoose neck to the brush , what a numpty i ve gone and cross threaded it and need to wait for the new goose neck to be delivered >:(

Davew

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 04:16:46 pm »
Any more? I'm feeling a bit happier now.

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 04:18:16 pm »
Nice little end of cul-de-sac four in a row £12 each, did the first one, got" not this time" from the second, third one had a new six foot fence with bolted panel, fourth one had two locked gates that wern't there before ripped my watch strap off and lost the pin trying to get in. Drove off in a huff to the next job and left my pole behind. Did a couple more when a neighbour says how much to do mine? Tenner I say cos it's the same as the one I'm on. Wrong! It's got a kitchen extension and a loft conversion on the back. I do it anyway, tread on my pole, get caught in the rain then custy says can you do it every ten weeks! I hate this job.
There is always tomorrow Dave :'(

One thing I always say to someone if they ask for a price, is IF it is the same as this one then it will be £X number of pounds, never assume there the same Just because they look the same.

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 04:30:01 pm »
I was doing a house last week got round the back the garden was like a building site, noticed there was a 3 and a half foot hole thought no more about it.  I was doing the windows stepped back... guess what, fell in  ;D
I did feel embarrassed as the customer stood there watching me climb out of it :-[

That was the start  of my bad day and then it rained heavily for the rest of the day :'(

Brett

terry gurr

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 10:19:04 pm »
my bad day started when i went to a customers house to do a quote ....fogot i walked up a few steps to the front door....   after  customer opened door ..i told her i would have a quick look around  to see how much it would cost etc.............stepped back to continue and prompty fell down steps and did a backward roly poly into the garden........................jumped up looking rather embarresed with big red head and said ................dont worry it happens all the time !           

colley614

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 10:20:59 pm »
I have had a bad day also, one of my new cleaners spent 2 hours cleaning a con roof on the worng house!!!!!!!!

No way, Nightmare

gaza

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 11:25:41 pm »
 Had a bad day the other week ,cleaning on a flat roof stepped back and someone had left a piece of bartol tubing on it stepped on it going backwards it shot me of the edge landed on my back on the grass below [lucky no spikes] kebabed gaza not nice szme week mrs left me ,same day she left someone drove into my wing ,
darnt go to the toilet all day incase it fell off pmsl.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

KarlJones

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 12:49:35 am »
my bad day started when i went to a customers house to do a quote ....fogot i walked up a few steps to the front door....   after  customer opened door ..i told her i would have a quick look around  to see how much it would cost etc.............stepped back to continue and prompty fell down steps and did a backward roly poly into the garden........................jumped up looking rather embarresed with big red head and said ................dont worry it happens all the time !       

aint laughed so much for ages!

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

4Seasons

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 04:08:22 pm »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ Was talking to custie, very happy coz just got my new carbon pole. It felt great after using fibre glass Mr.Whippy. Lay still extened pole down in back garden whilst talking to custie & her grandchild was ther jumping up and indeed down on my pole!!!!!!!  Noticed later when using it, it was bending backward  ............ ......................................
Goodbye pole (for repair) hello Mr. Whippy :'( :'( :'( :'(

ronnie paton

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 04:56:57 pm »
Well today recieved a email of contract management company , who i do some appartments for, they said unfortunatly they directors have decided to change to a"local window cleaner who is also cheaper".

now I started these 6 months ago cause the prevous window cleaner was v v poor, i got a email 3 months ago praising how happy the occupants were????

so i lost  nearly £5000 a month in seconds!!

Im having a terrible day !