This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

My Answer to Lazer Guided Bird Nuts
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:36:25 pm »
Read a few posts on here recently about bird nuts that have been welded to the window by the sun (what sun ;D) or just by time?

I was in my workshop and looked at one of my back windows and it had a large bird nut on it, that had been there for some weeks/months I don't know because I never clean the windows ::)
I decided to give the windows a wash and this bird nut would not move, I soaked it and scrubbed it for 10 minutes and just could not remove it all.

Back into the workshop, I scoured the cupboards and draws until I found the scraper you see in the picture, now this scraper is a homecare one that was designed for cleaning baked on crud off enamel cookers so it won't scatch?

I cut and glued some plastic I had in the workshop to fit the handle of the scraper, now I wanted this scraper to be removable, so I left it open to enable me to slide the scaper in & out when ever I needed it.

I Glued the holder to my Gaz brush, put the scraper in and went back out to the offending bird nuts, wet it again and tried out my new scraper, WOW! I was impressed with the ease the bird nut came off, I thought this may have  been because its been soaking for half an hour, so I went to the other window were there were more nuts, I soaked and scrubbed them,  this was not completly removing them, stuck on my scraper a couple of scapes and they were all off and no scatches to the glass.

I can't wait to try it on some egged windows now 8)

I do think because wfp has been slow to catch on over the years, that manufacturers of poles and brushes have only catered for the demands of other industries, but I do believe that it will only be time before they realise the needs for the humble W/C and design things like a detachable scrapers and lighter brushes.

Davew

Re: My Answer to Lazer Guided Bird Nuts
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:27:39 pm »
Great idea Jeff, can't wait to see the mk2 version. I thought of glueing some non scratch scourer onto the edge of my brush head. Yes your right the manufacturers are slow in coming up with simple solutions.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:59:58 pm »
A similar thing has already been done by omnipole http://www.omnipole.com/powerpole_accessories_and_spare_.htm

here is their scraper

and this is there scouring pad holder

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 03:36:51 pm »
Great idea Jeff, can't wait to see the mk2 version. I thought of glueing some non scratch scourer onto the edge of my brush head. Yes your right the manufacturers are slow in coming up with simple solutions.
Thanks Dave
A few of the guy's on here already glue the white scourer to there brushes and it seems to work well.

Don't know about the mk11 version ;D I'm happy with the mk1 version.

A similar thing has already been done by omnipole http://www.omnipole.com/powerpole_accessories_and_spare_.htm

here is their scraper

and this is there scouring pad holder

Hi Luke
How do you go about attaching the scourer holders?? It looks like a bit of hasstle to me? were as mine you just slot into the holder and away you go, Time is money as they say.

Davew

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 04:49:15 pm »
here's mine

[img width= height=]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w114/kiteboy_jimbo/P1000152.jpg[/img]

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 04:50:37 pm »
here's mine

[img width= height=]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w114/kiteboy_jimbo/P1000152.jpg[/img]
That looks good Dave were do you get them from?? and do you have a link?

Davew

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 04:51:12 pm »
Jeff, how do you do this photo malarchy?

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 04:54:45 pm »
If you meean add a photo??

Then when you hit reply, Just below the message box you will see the words
Additional Options just click on there and it will add a section were you can just click on browse and add the pictures from your computer?

Hope that helps??

Davew

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 04:55:58 pm »
Wilkinsons - Vileda bathroom scrubber. I use it to buff up frames and sill edges with a little upvc cream on the sponge side. Turn it over and you have the scourer which seems to be non scratch. I have it mounted to a spare pole tip (I like fishing poles). Easy to swap over and reach anywhere. Even used it on gutters where you cant get rid of those grey stains that tfr won't remove.

Davew

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 04:57:13 pm »
Think my pic must be a bit large - can't do it that way.

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 05:04:21 pm »
Wilkinsons - Vileda bathroom scrubber. I use it to buff up frames and sill edges with a little upvc cream on the sponge side. Turn it over and you have the scourer which seems to be non scratch. I have it mounted to a spare pole tip (I like fishing poles). Easy to swap over and reach anywhere.
I'll look out for one of them  ;)

Think my pic must be a bit large - can't do it that way.
You can always reduce the size of your image? I use a program called Image resizer its easy to use.
Failing that if you have photobucket then go into there, click on the bottom link (IMG CODE) of the picture you want, and then just copy and paste the code onto the forum

Here is an example:-

Luke Johnson

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 06:04:18 pm »
I added them photos a much quicker way, what I did was go to the onmipole websitr, right click the image, click properties, then a web address ( specific for that picture, not the webpage! come us, copy it. Then come to the forum and add a picture and paste the address between the two img, img things - like this

paste the addres between these [img] address[img]

the address will look something like this http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k23/jeffo_01/adminwatch1.gif

buzz06

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 05:07:25 pm »
this is my answer
the ordinary NON SCRATCH kitchen scouring pad is screwed on to the front & back of the brush & the screws are in those little brass cups u can get from b&q etc to stop them scratching the glass or frame
cheap & cheerful but works a treat

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 06:17:49 pm »
Hi Buzz
Nice idea, I have seen one's were the guy's have used the white scourer.

I must admit it took me a while to work out your picture, it looked like some thing you have in a village fete, some thing or some one is wearing a sporon ;D ;D

buzz06

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 07:17:46 pm »
hi, it also works on my vikan brush(red/green brissles)...now that does look like some kind of a dodgy sporan !! ;D

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 07:34:20 pm »
hi, it also works on my vikan brush(red/green brissles)...now that does look like some kind of a dodgy sporan !! ;D

;D ;D Nice one, Lets see this scotish sporon brush  ;D ;D