Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr.G

A bizarre letter!
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:26:24 am »
"Dear Martin,
Thank you for your loyal and faithful services. Thanks to the grace of God, I have been able to have new windows fitted in my house. The fitters have specially treated them, therefore they will only need cleaning every 2 months from now on, with water only. God bless you and your business."

Pat Purcell

Re: A bizarre letter!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:45:02 am »
Seeing as they claim that rain water will keep them clean, Im guessing God will be washing her windows from now on ;D
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 06:06:42 am »
Can't wait to see the look on her face when she has hosed her windows down. The sad thing is she seems a lovely lady who no doubt thinks she has a great new window system sold to her!

I would wait 3 months and pop by one day, gve her a tap and say I was just passing wanted to see how your windows and frames are doing with this new window system, bet they are minging!

People forget, even with this self cleaning glass it still doesn't clean the frames and sills!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 06:36:46 am »
Trevor,
I've got a customer with this, and the sills and frame being the reason they employ me. It is not well priced £15 so my question is, how much can I skimp on the glass to give more attention to the frames ( she likes them immaculate)
cheers

craig jwc

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 06:52:27 am »
I find you have to rince more with self cleaning glass.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:04:42 am »
Trevor,
I've got a customer with this, and the sills and frame being the reason they employ me. It is not well priced £15 so my question is, how much can I skimp on the glass to give more attention to the frames ( she likes them immaculate)
cheers

Well your job is the fames and sills, so personally I wouldn't worry too much about the glass as its self cleaning, isn't it??

Your stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one as if you leave her glass she may blame you for the dirt etc from the frames going onto her glass.

I would clean the frames and sills as requested and give the glass a quick rinse.

Then if she does come back and say the glass is terrible you can always say "your not the first person with this type of glass to say this", I could clean them for you for this price...................

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:25:34 am »
I have a customer who has a conservatory with self clean glass, I only clean the house windows as she insists that the self cleaning ones work perfectly,but they are absolutely filthy!!!!!! but for some reason she cannot see it?

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 08:41:24 am »
Oh she can see it alright, she just doesn't want to admit to you she has wasted £1000's on the glass  ;D ;D

MJH

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 09:04:26 am »
sack em and move on :o

Elgin Sparrowhawk

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 09:09:51 am »
"Dear Martin,
Thank you for your loyal and faithful services. Thanks to the grace of God, I have been able to have new windows fitted in my house. The fitters have specially treated them, therefore they will only need cleaning every 2 months from now on, with water only. God bless you and your business."

God might have helped her buy the windows but the Devil sold them to her.

I feel soory for this type of person who think they have had a great deal and are going  to save hundreds in cleaning bills. only to be ripped off,its about time these window companys were taken to court for not giving all the information, in my mind its misselling a product, just telling people the good points and keeping the bad points to them selves.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 09:43:04 am »
and God bless America!!!! ;)how sad

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 05:23:58 pm »
There's an implied assumption- in the letter- and that is that you too are a fellow christian and share a set of beliefs and values. Even if this is not true, it is well intentioned and not malicous, and although it may not be good news for you he has tried to put a positive slant on it.

How would you have had him tell you?

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 05:52:23 pm »
They've got to find new ways to sell their windows 'cause the old lines don't work anymore. Lines like: 'The frames don't require maintainance' and 'You'll never need to change your windows again.'

I had a nieghbour who in 12 years had to change their windows 3 times because they deteriorated so badly. I've also noticed how double glazed units seldom last longer than 10 years and some don't even make it to 5 years when on the south side of the house with the sun on them all day. But we still keep buying them.

djhaydn

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 06:17:52 pm »
I have a couple of customers who have had this treated glass, and they say to me.......Clean them.....
the ones i dont clean look a right pigs ear.
there choice.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 07:04:17 pm »
My dad used to be an Everest salesman, they really are the best, if you have the privilage of cleaning Everest windows you will know how well they keep, and how clean they keep ( not self cleaning glass ) you dont need self cleaning glass, just well made frames and glass from high quality plastics and glass.

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 08:02:34 pm »
Modern life is replace every ten years, kitchens, windows, garden makeovers, three peice suites.

Your flat screen telly needs replaceing for a better one every three years.

We're getting older and can remember when people used to darn socks (i sell socks) but you'd laught if someone did that now. Think about your wardrobe, wear a tee shirt four times for best at most.

It's called consumerism. And the other thing is when they do want windows kitchens etc they are required immediatly.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 08:21:22 pm »
"Dear Martin,

God might have helped her buy the windows but the Devil sold them to her.

I feel soory for this type of person who think they have had a great deal and are going  to save hundreds in cleaning bills. only to be ripped off,its about time these window companys were taken to court for not giving all the information, in my mind its misselling a product, just telling people the good points and keeping the bad points to them selves.

In fact, perhapos double glazing sales people should be licensed   :)

matt

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 10:44:52 pm »
"Dear Martin,

i hope she dont ask me for a qoute ;)

Mr.G

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 11:36:32 pm »

There's an implied assumption- in the letter- and that is that you too are a fellow christian and share a set of beliefs and values. Even if this is not true, it is well intentioned and not malicous, and although it may not be good news for you he has tried to put a positive slant on it.

How would you have had him tell you?

rainwater guy - yeah, she's a sweet old dear really, but hugely religious, she's often told me I was sent by god to clean her windows that day, as she's got visitors coming or whatever. I just smile and mutter something about "mysterious ways", make my excuses, and leave...

Matt - i'll give her your number, and tell her that god told me that he wants you to take over the job :D

Helen

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 02:26:59 pm »
I agree that "sales" persons should point out the cons as well as the pro's, but lets face it there are some out there that wouldn't even if they were paid too! We are near to a well known suplier of double glazing self cleaning glass etc etc and we called in to get some literature about the SC glass. They gave us a "customer" pack and said all the info you require is in there! Again it is us the poor old public that have to dredge through pages of information, which the sales person is never going to go through! Because we are familiar with water conditions and tds levels we can see that these SC windows wouldn't work in this area. Or at least may clear off some debris if you have a torrential storm etc etc. To clean the glass takes a certain level of TDS (and no I am not reading it all again to get the figures!!!) a certain amount of water and by the look of it a certain amount of luck. The get out clause for these businesses would be, "well it is all there in the literature we supplied". We have a customer who is having a sc conserv put on, a big one too! and he has already said will you quote for cleaning the total conserv 4 times a year as he doesn't believe it is going to work. ::) why have it then?