This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: A bizarre letter!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 03:11:52 pm »
Pitch of the roof must have a bearing too.

I clean one, ad the customer not only expects miracles, but thinks it's easy and I only have to wipe it. It's not.
It does stay cleaner, but it is no easier to make spotless.

Helen

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 03:45:53 pm »
pitch of the roofline would come under the heading "certain" amount of water, in the sales persons terms" enough water has to hit the glass to enable it to be cleaned, if your roofline deflects the water from the window we cannot be held responsible" ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 06:08:44 pm »
There's an implied assumption- in the letter- and that is that you too are a fellow christian and share a set of beliefs and values. Even if this is not true, it is well intentioned and not malicous, and although it may not be good news for you he has tried to put a positive slant on it.

How would you have had him tell you?

rainwater guy - yeah, she's a sweet old dear really, but hugely religious, she's often told me I was sent by god to clean her windows that day, as she's got visitors coming or whatever. I just smile and mutter something about "mysterious ways", make my excuses, and leave...

Matt - i'll give her your number, and tell her that god told me that he wants you to take over the job :D

With a background like mine, I think a custie like that would do my head in.  I already have one who tried to convert me to his born again movement.  I just explained I was there to wash windows and didn't discuss religion or politics with my customers.  Not had a squeak out of him since  :)