Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dudek

anyone got any good uns

Andy@w.c.s

We work in twos and if we know that the custie is a chatter box my mate calls my phone after about two mins , I then i say sorry love ive got to get this and say goodbye
works a treat every time  :)

mark dew

i wouldn't call it a good un but i simply tell them i'm pushed for time and have to go.
The weather lately makes this easier.

Luke Johnson

I say "im counting my time" so I've got to go!!!

Paul Coleman

I just ask them what the time is.  Whatever they answer I just say that I must crack on as I need to finish early today.  I nip chat in the bud a lot more quickly than I used to - unless of course it's a day when I don't fancy doing much.

craig jwc

I just tell them i'm a bit behind because of people stopping for a chat and have got to get on.

I usually get the reply "don't you hate people like that - they must have a boring life having to stop people working, just so they have someone to talk too.

Sometimes though it gives them something else to talk about ::)

Makes me smile each time though  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Trevor Knight

Just removed a few posts - you all know why I removed them !
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

AuRavelling79

Just removed a few posts - you all know why I removed them !

::) ;D

It's a game of three halves!

chris@c.m.s

If your Wfp just tell em you have to go before the spots/runs start appearing.
Oops just shot myself in the foot I think  ;D 
Sussex by the sea

edd

hey Chris cms where are you from I used to live in Worthing

Londoner

Well I don't know why you removed them Trevor. Give us a clue.

chris@c.m.s

Hi Edd Origonally Hove then Worthing and at the moment Sompting, spent most of my teens and life in Worthing though and will be moving back soon hopefully.
Sussex by the sea

edd

Chris hi well i used to live in rugby road west worthing and went to tarring high school
I used to work in Findon a lot as worthing people tend to be so dam tight
Im coming down the see inlaws soon maybe well meet up um?? August I think

Also are there any window cleaning shops around Worthing area that sell wfp stuff like
resin and brushes??? any names would be good cheers Edd

chris@c.m.s

Edd I spent a term at Tarring then onto St Andrews, I Knew someone who lived in Rugby r.d he sold me a dodgy motorbike and sidecar ;D.
Re meeting up let me know nearer the time and I'm sure we could grab a beer somewhere. 
Though I havent looked outside of worthing for wfp gear it is rather limited, the cleaning shop in Teville gate is still there and thats the only place that I'm aware of that does anything and thats all Ionics with very little that you can buy off the shelfs, I once asked the guy for loose resin and all he could offer was a Ionics Di vessel.
There is one other shop in Sompting that deals with Tucker but again nothing on the shelf.       
Sussex by the sea

edd

hey chriss sorry for delay what was the motor bike coz that could of been dodgy
bro who we dont see no more lol was it a russan bike ??

d s windowcleaning

we all get a cusstie who wants to talk to be polite i allways say im behind on my work and need to get caught up but just remember the cusstie who wants to talk is probally the one who makes u a brew in the winter 5 minutes of talk aint a big deal why rush
where theres muck theres money

colley614

Remember them custies that want to chat to you will be the ones who chat to the neighbors and get you more work. I find that the ones that I stop a give 5 mins to send a lot of work my way. So for the sake of 5 mins chatting I probably save an hour canvassing.

tacky

its nice to get on with work .but olso nice to stop n chat few mins with custys .only takes few mins to be polite . espec with the oldies.

pjulk

I have started taking my wife so if anyone wants a chat they chat to the wife and she can talk the hind legs off a donkey.

I do the job pack up and then the wife says well i better not stand here chatting any longer i will be in trouble with my husband and off we go.

The wife never does much work anyway usually the doors by hand and i just WFP the rest.

And off course taking the wife i don't pay her she just take's the money whether she come's to work or not.

Paul