This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

xxmattyxx

GG3
« on: July 03, 2007, 04:26:28 pm »
Just bought some GG3, thought it might have some benefits, so well, why not.

Anyway, the instructions suggest 3ml/gallon of water, but will the hardness of the water where you live affect the amount you put in to be able to work with the stuff?

In the same way as with Fairy,

My waters TDS is 275 and although its my first time trying it out at home here its really rather awkward to use at the suggested dosage rate.

TIA.

Matt

macmac

Re: GG3
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 04:36:06 pm »
hi matt
The suggested dosage is utter rubbish. I have been using GG3 for a while now & to be honest, i cant use it on it's own unless i use loads of it in a bucket. IMO you need to add somthing else to get the slip you need to fan a squeegee. try adding just a drop of fairy or ecover to the bucket it makes all the difference.

My ultimate solution is 10ml of GG3 + 20ml of ettore squeegee off to 10Ltrs of water. Plenty of slip, not too much suds so less wipe up & the glass gleams afterwards. nice ;)

tony

xxmattyxx

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:55:45 pm »
Thanks Tony, I wasnt sure  ;D ;D it felt liking trying to blade-off pure water. The less suds thing is what its all about for me and I was hoping less detailing too, don't know how that'll fan with fairy in it mind?

Whats your detailing requirements like?

Matt

macmac

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 05:15:16 pm »
first- only a drop of fairy or similar or you'll end up wi loads of suds.

Detailing & clean-up with my said solution is less than when i just used fairy, BUT, although i would never go back to fairy, working with GG3 does have some downsides. the solution is very thin/runny, so sometimes it can run back out of a rubber seal if not detailed or detailed enough (some are worse than others, you get to know which are the bad ones), also, because of this, gorgian windows can be a knightmare as the solution is constantly dripping from every pane so pre-detailing EVERY pane when you've cleaned the one above is sometimes nessesary.

On the whole, with a bit of trial & error + the addition of another product to achieve more slip, IMO it's far better than just using a household detergent on its own.

tony

Kev R

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 08:38:21 pm »
gg3 is designed for use with pure water or soft water. If you live in a hard water area and use water from the tap you would be better off with gg4.

If used without additions there is no need to detail

macmac

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 09:48:43 pm »
gg3 is designed for use with pure water or soft water. If you live in a hard water area and use water from the tap you would be better off with gg4.

I dissagree, if used with no additions there's even more need to detail, plus, it tends to creep back up the glass from the bottom bead more.

tony

Kev R

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 10:06:41 pm »

I dissagree, if used with no additions there's even more need to detail, plus, it tends to creep back up the glass from the bottom bead more.

tony

Maybe because you use too much, if you stuck to the designed dosage you would not have these problems

NWH

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 10:07:26 pm »
I must admit it does seem to work better with pure water.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 10:08:52 pm »
R.O.?

Kev R

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 10:13:23 pm »
I use final stage pure water, after the di 0ppm. Nomal dosage 3ml from dispenser/doser of gg3. I would rather use this than tap water. When i use tap water the blade drags more. No bleeding or anything, I gave up detailing years ago.

xxmattyxx

Re: GG3 New
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 10:16:44 pm »
Taken on board what others have said here.

Tomorrow I'll try the GG3 at a higher concentration than recommended, probably 3 times with fairy, but will also get some RO made, I have an RO unit for my fish-tank, but not a super-duper 5oo litres per day jobbie, so can't do that tonight for tomorrow.

I have in fact also ordered some GG4 so will try that later once that arrives. I may have to use RO with whatever GG I settle for, which isnt a problem, and in time may find I need to add a little fairy for some lubrication but we'll see.

Thanks.

Matt