This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chris no 1

dont no what to do
« on: July 03, 2007, 09:20:13 am »
hi juys i neeed some help i have about £2000 pounds worth of work but just cant seem to get it all finished i have it all on a 4 weekly rota using george. the weather dont help either there is on week that i hate cleaning the houses are small 2 up 2 down they all have slopeing roofs at front and back and they are the worst payers i,v got i use ladders come the end of the day i,m nackerd      any advice would be great many thanks. chris       

niceandclean

Re: dont no what to do
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:43:53 am »
Had you thought of going Waterfed Pole? You can gey some cheap set ups now!

chris no 1

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 09:46:19 am »
i have thought of it but money is very tight as i only have a car so a back pack would be the best answer for me but the3n how much do the cost to run thanks

captain lard

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 09:52:04 am »
If the 2 up/2 downs are a pain to do and include a lot of bad payers you could consider dropping them to give you more time for the rest and to get better priced better work. Or you could put the price of those 2 up/ 2 down jobs up to make them more attractive, some might refuse which frees you up a bit and anyone who keeps you on at the better price means the job might be a bit more attractive.
Or if you want to keep them why not put your customers , or some of them, maybe those 2 up/2 down jobs, onto a 5 or 6 week rota.

Helen

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:20:48 am »
Chris, you need to sit down one evening/weekend and go through your work and re-access where you want to be with this. £2k on a 4 week rota should be easy work ladder or wfp if you have priced and scheduled it well. Working on £120 per day which should be easily achievable on your own whichever method gives max 17 days work out of your 4 week rota (20 days).  As already suggested think about putting your timescales out a week or so, and look at your pricing structure, ask yourself are you charging enough? do you schedule areas or not?  You have bad payers in one area? we all have those, but is it because you have not set out terms with them? Sometimes we all need to step back and have a re-think of how we operate our own businesses and re-jig until we have it right! :)

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 12:08:41 pm »
Hi Chriss.

I think you are in a position to put all your prices up by say a quid. Then you could have a good cull on the work you dont want & sell it on.

Your better option is to go Wfp. I had the same concerns before i switched as money was tight for me when trad but its the best move i made. Wfp pays for it self

Look at Squeaks, he was never going to switch, often behind due to weather & not enough money coming in the same as i was. Now we have days off because its all done but i fill mine in with extra con cleans & fascia & soffit cleans.

Macc