This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

petski2

Scratched Glass
« on: July 02, 2007, 04:24:15 pm »
Ok ok I know its been covered before but here goes.
Message on answer machine today from a nice lady telling me iv scratched the glass on upstairs window.
As soon as she said it I remembered the window in question.
So basically she is right it was me,there was a dollop of bird
c r a p that was caked on,after 5 mins scrubbing with brush I decided to use the hard edge of the brush itself as opposed to the bristles ::)
She seems ok about it but iv told her we will go tomorrow and see if we can correct it.
My question is "can it be repaired?"
I know its hard to say without seeing it but I just wondered if anyone on here had found a good way of shifting the scratch or at least masking it somehow ::)
Anyhow thanks in advance,and just for the book you lot.DONT USE EDGE OF BRUSH.LOL ;D

cybersye

Re: Scratched Glass
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 07:01:23 pm »
if the scratch is'nt too deep, try jewellers rouge, if you cant get it local to you try e bay.

petski2

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 07:02:59 pm »
Thanks Cybersye. ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 07:48:03 pm »
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=30347&ts=02010

I've tried a product very similar to this and provided its not too deep it comes out ok.

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 09:35:16 pm »
Advice when you got birds crap like that i wet it up with me pole go over it a few times then leave it for 5 mins then go back to it.
P&R Window Cleaning

LWC

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 09:51:28 pm »
i used the back edge the other day and made the same mistake!

not noticed though...again lets reiterate...do not use edge of brush!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 10:18:33 pm »
Ok ok I know its been covered before but here goes.
Message on answer machine today from a nice lady telling me iv scratched the glass on upstairs window.
As soon as she said it I remembered the window in question.
So basically she is right it was me,there was a dollop of bird
c r a p that was caked on,after 5 mins scrubbing with brush I decided to use the hard edge of the brush itself as opposed to the bristles ::)
She seems ok about it but iv told her we will go tomorrow and see if we can correct it.
My question is "can it be repaired?"
I know its hard to say without seeing it but I just wondered if anyone on here had found a good way of shifting the scratch or at least masking it somehow ::)
Anyhow thanks in advance,and just for the book you lot.DONT USE EDGE OF BRUSH.LOL ;D

Oops.  I've done that a couple of times recently.  Cheers for the warning.

macmac

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 11:51:47 pm »
A tip

depending on what brush you use, (i use vikan rectangular), grind the end edge flat & glue a piece of velcro or similar to it. great for bird s**t.

tony

niceandclean

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 12:06:28 am »
A tip

depending on what brush you use, (i use vikan rectangular), grind the end edge flat & glue a piece of velcro or similar to it. great for bird s**t.

tony

What a good idea!!

NBwcs

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 07:21:52 pm »
I use velcro on the edge, the only problem is it doesnt stay on for long, but better to fiddle about replacing velcro than scratch the glass.