Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gordon Saunders

terms and conditions
« on: June 29, 2007, 09:55:09 pm »
Hi
  I was thinking of giving new domestic customers a list of terms and conditions when i take them on . i know others do this and was wondering if anyone had a copy of theirs i could have a peek at.
  Thanks
   Gordon

Majestic

Re: terms and conditions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 11:35:08 pm »
I have mine on my web site

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 07:45:13 pm »
 Thanks john
  gordon

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 08:25:42 am »
First Clean Services Limited Terms & Conditions

First Clean Services Limited will be referred to as FCS throughout our Terms and Conditions:

1)   By accepting our quotation you agree to be bound by FCS terms and conditions.
2)   Cancelling FCS services must be done in writing and with confirmation from our Head Office that we have received your letter. You will be given a cancellation reference which ensures FCS has received your letter. It is your responsibility to ensure FCS receives your letter. FCS is not responsible for any communication that is lost in the post or out of their control.
3)   If operatives of FCS have arrived to clean your property and you no longer require our services then FCS reserves the right to charge 50% of the price payable for your clean to compensate for travelling costs and time wasted.
4)   To clean windows at the rear of your property FCS operatives need to have access, therefore your gate/garage should be unlocked. Please supply us with your phone number so FCS can ring the night before a clean. 75% of price will be charged if our operatives cannot get access to rear property and our operatives will only clean what is obtainable from the front of your property.
5)   FCS operates a 12 monthly service throughout the year. This means FCS may clean your windows during inclement weather. FCS reserves the right to decide if the window cleaning services should be carried out. Rain does not affect the quality of your clean. If you or your representative prevents our operatives from cleaning FCS reserves the right to charge 50% of the normal cost of the clean to compensate for travelling and time wasted.
6)   If you are not satisfied with our service or cleaning results please contact FCS Head Office within 48 hours from date of clean (0845 2571576) and also confirm your complaint in writing to our Head Office. An operative will rectify to your satisfaction within 48 hours any poor work results or services. If any complaint is proven to not be as a result of our window cleaning or services provided, FCS reserves the right to charge a call out charge of £10 to cover expenses and time lost. FCS does not accept responsibility for any complaints that are not made within the required 48 hour time period from date of initial clean. It is your responsibility to ensure FCS Head Office receives your letter and that you obtain a reference number from FCS Head Office relating to your complaint.
7)   In accordance with FCS Health & Safety policy we request all small children and pets are kept inside the property whilst our operatives are cleaning your windows. All items of garden furniture/household items/plant pots should be away from the window and allow reasonable access to enable the window to be cleaned. The area should be free from any kind of animal excrement.
8.)   FCS operatives will clean all windows, but any windows that are inaccessible or unsafe will not be cleaned.
9)   In the event of any accident FCS will instruct an Insurance Assessor to investigate as to the reason for the accident. Any accident deemed out of FCS control and as a result of fittings or glass already damaged arising from faulty construction, poorly maintained windows or conservatory roofs will not be accepted and the customer will be liable for any repair or out of pocket expenses.
10)   FCS will not accept liability for water damage to the property or the items therein where the windows have been left open prior to a clean or damage to the window or frame causing leakage into the property.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 08:26:01 am »
11)   All claims must be made in writing and addressed to FCS Head Office within 48 hours after the liability has arisen. It is your responsibility to ensure FCS Head Office receive your letter and you obtain a reference number from FCS Head Office relating to your complaint/claim
12)   FCS and all operatives are comprehensively insured under our Public & Employers Liability Insurance Policy
13)   Prior to commencing any work a Risk Assessment/Method Statement and H&S Policy will be recorded and produced on request.
14)   Payment for any service provided by FCS must be made within 7 days from date of clean. Payment can be made either by Cash, Cheque, Standing Order or Internet Banking. FCS reserves the right to charge interest on late payments in line with the Standard Interest rate current to the date of clean set out by Barclays Bank. Interest will be calculated on a daily basis until payment is received. If payment exceeds 30 days a late payment charge of £5 will be added to your account to compensate for all types of communication required to collect payment. If after unsuccessful attempts to recover the outstanding amount due and the amount remains unpaid after 45 days from date of clean FCS reserves the right to pass this account over to our legal department and to proceed with court action to recover the debts, legal costs and any added expense incurred with regards to this debt.
15)   FCS collects data from our customers in the form of Name, Address, Telephone Numbers and Email Address. This information is strictly for the use of FCS and to assist in carrying out our services. At no time will your data ever be sold or passed on to 3rd party users. We respect our customers privacy, this information is kept in line with data protection regulations at all time.
16)  FCS reserves the right to increase their charges by up to 5% per annum from date of first clean and every 12 months thereafter.
17) Throughout FCS providing any of their services all representative of FCS will remain polite, courteous, reliable and professional at all times. If any representative of FCS fails to adhere to this code of conduct you are to report this immediately to FCS Head Office and also send in a letter detailing what happened. This in turn will be investigated internally and FCS will write to you detailing the outcome of their investigation.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 08:27:18 am »
This is on the back of ALL quotation forms.

Its a must to have T&C's as if ever you need to go to court you have them by the short and curly's!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »
Trevor.
I take it you have no objection to anyone using your T & Cs list as a basis for their own T & Cs?
That is the best T & Cs list I have seen on here and I would like to use a shortened and much altered version of it for my own business.
I take it it's OK for me to do that?

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 07:51:33 pm »
Of course you can use them, glad to have been of help!

best wishes,

Trev

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 08:00:51 pm »
Trevor
  thanks, " inclement weather" was the phrase i had been struggling to come up with , sounds better than "raining"
  Gordon

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 08:22:57 pm »
Trevor, I have kust read through your terms and conditions and found it excellent!

I just wondered if you used this on your commercial contracts or a slightly different version.

rgds
stuart

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 10:25:09 pm »
Of course you can use them, glad to have been of help!

best wishes,

Trev

Cheers!!

Trevor Knight

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 07:16:43 am »
This is purely for domestic clients as it is a generailsed package or T & C's.

For commercial contracts we have a much more water tight proceedure and a lot more task specific terms.

Over the years I have input into a data sheet all the possiblities that can happen and now following a site visit and quotation I send the T&C's based on THEIR specific contract.

Things that are included in commercial are:

Cleaning Times
Access
Appointed contact
Payment dates
Payment terms
Payment methods
Car park access
Specific method used

etc......

Roy Harding

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 05:49:29 pm »
Hi Trevor

This post by you  regarding terms made me smile ;D note your comment on the document that I used for 23yrs.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=6245.0

You have used all the points from mine  in your terms and conditons.

Roy

Clear Vision

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 09:38:05 pm »
Trevor,

Would it be poss to have a look at one of your quotation forms? I really like the idea of that!

Maybe you could post me one or email me?

Thanks

Matthew

Trevor Knight

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 07:35:57 am »
Hi Trevor

This post by you  regarding terms made me smile ;D note your comment on the document that I used for 23yrs.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=6245.0

You have used all the points from mine  in your terms and conditons.

Roy

Hi Roy,

Well - 2 years later on, over 1400 posts more and YES, ya got me lol  ;D ;D

Like I have always said, learn something new every day, I did that on that day back then , Thanks!

Roy Harding

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 08:09:29 am »
Trevor

Thats the great thing about the forum, no matter how long you have been window cleaning you can learn somthing new, or take idea to the next level.

Well done

Roy