This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Neswpaper Advertising.
« on: June 29, 2007, 06:26:04 pm »
Hi again ,

Has anyone posted a decent advertisement in the local paper, a fairly good box, one that may stand out? 

If so what sort of response did you get, i know all advertising is worth having a go at , I am thinking of having a permanant weekly box.

Cheers.

Gary.

ScrimShady

Re: Neswpaper Advertising.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:05:37 pm »
i posted a good ad in my local newspaper and i got nothing at all out of it, not even 1 phone call, i now advertise in local directorys and get alot of calls from the,
My advice is dont bother with newspapers

Stevie G

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 07:34:43 pm »
waste of money :(

geefree

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 08:19:33 pm »
Thanks guys..

thats 2 out of 2..  so far, so its looking already like a no no .

Gary.

ok cleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 09:01:12 pm »
hi gazza we have been using that way of advertasing and i wiil recomend it to you but you have to keep your in at list a mont so you start getting any response and you defenetaly better of in the long term

petski2

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 09:08:03 pm »
Hehe doesnt that always happen Gaz.
You think your mind has been made up then someone puts you back to square one lol ;D ;D

geefree

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 09:13:03 pm »
Well,

???

Here we go then for the pros and cons... it may be worth an odd shot ... to test the water, but i do understand the long term thing.

Thanks.

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 09:16:54 pm »
I tried newspapers about 15 years ago and got nothing from it.
But it may have changed in that time.

Parish mags work well

Paul

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 02:00:34 am »
It's another string in your bow and worth a punt for the experience alone gary. But my experience of newspaper advertising was a load of town work, scattered all over and turning up to quote, being told (after i had quoted £7)
"my last wc only charged £2." And not getting the job.
I'd rather pee stones now than pursue town work now.
1 mans meat is another mans murder though, so don't let it put you off.
You only need 1 good continuous job to pay for advert.

zeusjazmin

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 08:05:28 am »
i placed an add in my local paper,never got 1 call

vwm

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 08:30:53 am »
only time i placed ad in paper was when i started a new area and had a 1/2 page spead for a couple weeks (£300) and with leaflting the area to seemed too have worked well. £5500 per year of work within 2-3 mths.  cant say if the paper worked or the leaflets but most customers like the idea that i was in paper and with posh van ect knew i wasnt a flyby night.   

JohnL

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 09:00:18 am »
LARGE Ads   .   .   .   .   .   and that is the way it works!

If you are in a town you have to place an ad big enough to be seen. Most ads in papers are pretty small and can be missed by people looking for other services or just browsing around.

I have successfully advertised in my local rag with a banner headline of '' Are you looking for a window cleaner '' and any phone calls from those I always ask if they have a WCer already. If they say yes I advise them I dont quote against other WCers therefore bypassing the problem of time-wasting and quoting against low prices.

The advantage of this approach is if the caller is genuinely looking for a WCer  you are more than half way there. I also find people cut out the Ad and phone some time later or even pass it on to others who they know are looking.

In the end I think it is down to location as to whether a paper Ad would work for you or not.
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Majestic

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »
I have a add in a local free colour mag that  goes out to about 9k houses.
I get at least 1 call a week from it .