This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jake

You killed my...........!
« on: June 29, 2007, 03:53:35 pm »
I have definitely heard it all now!

Lady comes out of her flat this morning, 'thought i'd let you know, whatever your using to clean windows has killed my plants!'

'Oh has it' I replied, trying not to shake my head in disbelief.

'Yes, and you killed me mums plants over at Sandy Bay!

'I'll have to look on the bottle madam' says I, nearly biting me tonge off!!

'Just thought I'd let you know, just in case some old dear won't pay you, and you'll know why'

,Ok luv, got to get on, see ya'

Stupid bloody woman...nice arse though!  ;)
Exeter, Devon

Davew

Re: You killed my...........!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:07:15 pm »
Pure water? I empty a bucket of pure water from my van into my hanging baskets every day - they look allright to me.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:25:19 pm »
The waste water full of minerals would be better.  :)

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 05:48:07 pm »
I had this last year,a guy was growing his tomato plants under one of his windows,the window had one of the old aluminium frames,so when i cleaned the glass and the frame,the water went over his plants,the following month i went back and it looked like someone had tipped acid on them,we come to the conclusion it was a mixture of the pure water washing off bits of the aluminium and dripping over the plants,he has moved his plants this year and they have been fine.
Malcolm

Jake

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 10:07:09 pm »
Thing is, we had been cleaning her mums house trad  ??? ???

I just can't believe soapy  or pure water would affect plants, but not watering them would  ;D
Exeter, Devon

tacky

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 10:08:03 pm »
hi is that sandy bay in el del trecco . porthcawl wales. ifu see murial give her my regaurds ..

Jake

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 10:09:51 pm »
Sandy Bay, Exmouth mate
Exeter, Devon

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 01:47:19 am »
..nice arse though!  ;)

heeheehee...always look on the bright side ;D

LWC

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 08:06:25 am »
we had some woman once saying, "ive heard that "stuff" (pure water) kills plants"...

i said watch, took the hose of and drank it...if it does no harm to me, then it aint gonna do anything to your plants..."oh right she said, must of heard wrong"

TVCS

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 09:17:05 am »
I use the waste water to water my banana plants and they havent suffered .  The owner of the golf club we clean asked me to give one of her hanging baskets a drink whilst we were doing the windows yesterday.  Not quite why I invested in the pole system but she is nice enough
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

dai

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 11:16:48 am »
Urine is excellent for plants, they really thrive on it. Dai

007 or what

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 02:07:05 pm »
Urine is great for grass, when i was still living at home i used to get in quite late so i used to take a leak in the garden i did in the same place for years ::). To this day my dad still cant understand why the grass there was the best in the garden  ;D  ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: You killed my...........! New
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 03:09:00 pm »
Just a tip folks. I have experienced a simillar phenomenon in my own garden.

It's a well known fact among gardeners that you shouldn't water the leaves on plants in direct sunlight. The droplets of water focus the sun's rays and can scorch the surface of the leaves. This could happen with either soapy water or pure (pure would do a better job of course). It may also explain why it would happen one time and not another as one time it may not have been sunny when you called and another time it could have been.
It shouldn't destroy the plant completely though. If that is what happened there must be some other explanation.