This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Filling my Backpack from my van mount
« on: June 28, 2007, 11:18:54 pm »
I`m a bit worried about filling my backpack on a regular basis from my van mount,i was wondering when i`ve filled it i use the shurflo 100psi turned up nearly full power if it will put any unwanted strain on it.If my dial was a clock when in normal daily use it`s on about 3,30,but when using it to fill the backpack it`s on nearly 11.00 could this damage my pump using this method.

geefree

Re: Filling my Backpack from my van mount
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:22:46 pm »
i use a little hose with a tap on it... pop backpack on the ground ... hose into it.... and gravity does the rest whilst i get poles out etc.... its full just in time .

NWH

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:27:04 pm »
I`m filling via my vanmount and therefore it has to go through resin last,otherwise it`ll be going in the backpack from anything from 7-9ppm which i don`t want at the moment.Filling from a static would be ideal but i`m seeing how it goes with the backpack at the moment.

geefree

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 12:43:15 am »
why are you putting tap water into your van tank then trying to purify it into your backpack.... when you can do the same before it goes in tank..... and its pure for your backpack?

LWC

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 07:02:48 am »
i fill mine from the van mount, and as i see it, a varistream is only like a light dimmer, it just slows the pump down for less flow, surely its not gonna damage it turns up the flow rate...thats what its designed for

i fill mine whilst getting stuff out too, and usually when ive finished, get the money or writing out a ticket, usually full by the time i get back

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 08:29:34 am »

i fill mine whilst getting stuff out too, and usually when ive finished, get the money or writing out a ticket, usually full by the time i get back

Or over filled and akllover your van!  ;D ;D

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 10:27:50 am »
Fill it from you van mount and you can stop for a cuppa, fill it with a 12v caravan pump and you can't walk away it takes a minute to fill a backpack.

Davie T

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 11:02:46 am »
If you have pure water in your tank, it is just as easy to syphon the water out of the filling cover by use of a piece of wide pipe by way of sucking thru the pipe until the water runs freely thru it.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 06:46:53 pm »
The tank is full of RO water,it has to go through the resin last in my van to become 000.The main question was if the pump would stand it,the van mount pump that is.If i wanted to i could fill 2-3 25ltr barrels from the van mount a keep them separate in the van for quick filling,then i suppose i could fill them from the van mount after work ready for the next day,that seems the best option at the moment for me.At this moment in time 75ltrs with the backpack a day will be more than enough,i bet theres going to be people that are going to say when you start using the backpack you wont want to use the van mount anymore,come on i know your out there.

geefree

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 06:54:16 pm »
no, i use a back pack every day as i am still messing with a van mount... hence the tank in the van.... but i cant wait to get it fully set up so i can stop lugging that blooming backpack about, and filling the darn thing..... and you still get hose caught on every little thing that sticks out, .........oh to just pull my hose from the van attach a pole and press a button....... ah bliss.  :D