This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Worn fishing pole
« on: June 28, 2007, 06:48:40 pm »
My supercheap fishing pole is showing some signs of wear such as thinning tips and a very small split in the end of one section. I had nothing much to do today so I found several different sized container caps whilst rummaging around my garage that superglued nicely into the pole ends ...... problem solved. Can't think why the manufacturers don't beef up the inside tips on fishing poles?

Jeff Brimble

Re: Worn fishing pole
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 06:53:13 pm »
Probably because we use them everyday a lot more than for fishing. have you put the caps inside or outside ?
You tend to use the top sections more than the base sections so the top sections wear quicker. which is why I suggest a Reload for heights of less than 30ftish because its double thickness.

Davew

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 07:13:05 pm »
Got them pushed inside the tips. One a wd40 cap fits perfectly in one section and stiffens the tip. I've drilled through the middle as it caused a bit of an airlock when assembling the pole.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 07:49:39 pm »
I've put expanding foam in the male ends of mine.

Stuff a circular piece of light card (or crumpled kitchen roll) in the tube about 25mm down and fill with expanding foam - let it set and saw it off. If you don't do this then have several inches of foam in each section then you will lengthen the pole appreciably when closed up.
It's a game of three halves!