This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Count Phil

superlight work
« on: June 28, 2007, 04:28:19 pm »
I just went back to the fishing pole after a stint with the tucker.
I'd forgotten just how little effort is needed. I can not state this clearly enough:

Get a Superlight!

Either make your own or just buy one from gardiners. It is zero effort. You actually come home feeling like you haven't been to work!
Just bought the addis broom head for it. All you superlight users, I reckon you should try it, its a good brush!

I mean it. Zero effort. (at least it feels like that when you're used to any other pole).

Davew

Re: superlight work
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 04:31:24 pm »
I don't use anything else - not even my extender (and thats only twelve feet) ;)

john tomkins

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 05:12:07 pm »
I tried loads of these asda/tesco/co-op brushes and to be honest they are second rate for window cleaning, apart from only lasting me a few weeks I was fed up of loosing bristles in the joints of upvc windows and then -upstairs-
not being able to get them out again so black bristles on white upvc looking like pubic hairs sticking out from the frame ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 05:26:30 pm »
I have to agree with P Bowan. I spent all day working with a 40ft Super-Lite and it really was not that difficult.  I came home to do an evaluation session on a brand new 35 ft Ionics Ergolite2 and a Facelift 35 ft and I have to say it felt like I was working with a scaffolding pole by comparison.

Tim Rose

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 06:30:31 pm »
35 ergolites from Ionics are d**ned heavy by comparison to anything, BUT they do give added scrubability on the glass due to their weight.  I can't believe i used one for so long until I got an 18' glass fibre jobbie.

vivaro 013

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 06:44:38 pm »
what the cost of homemade superlight 18ft and a bought one

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 06:55:01 pm »
A Reload will get you a lot higher than 18ft and is £49.
For 18ft there are even cheaper options.

Tim Rose

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 07:06:10 pm »
Whats a Reload?

Davew

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 07:09:43 pm »
Stupidly cheap carbon fishing pole that goes to three floors easily and stretches over conservatory roofs no problem.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 07:14:23 pm »
35 ergolites from Ionics are d**ned heavy by comparison to anything, BUT they do give added scrubability on the glass due to their weight.  I can't believe i used one for so long until I got an 18' glass fibre jobbie.

No more ionics for me!

Hi Tim ;D

How did I guess that was you? ::)

Cheers,

Ian

matt

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 07:34:02 pm »
i feel like i really need to sort mine out

im still using the unger 3 X 2M pole ( haha )

and after 3 good days work i feel really knackered and worn out

looks like i will sort it out rather soon ;)

Luke Johnson

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 07:43:06 pm »
I'm still confused as to Gardiners upcoming modular superlites, will they be converted fishing poles? or will they be built from scratch for window cleaning?

Stevie G

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 07:55:26 pm »
matt,      hurry up then you can sort out  mine ;D

Mike 108

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 08:07:49 pm »
Please can someone direct me to a site that lists/shows a 'superlight' and a 'reload' so that I can see what everyone is talking about.

Thanks

matt

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 08:18:18 pm »
Please can someone direct me to a site that lists/shows a 'superlight' and a 'reload' so that I can see what everyone is talking about.

Thanks

check out the DIY site, Jeff B has given all the info needed

<------------- e.mail me for a link

or check out Jeff B's post on here, at the bottom of all his posts he has a link to the post in question

Mike 108

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 08:21:37 pm »
Matt - Thanks - Mike

matt

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 08:33:42 pm »
either let me know your username here OR post it in the "account activation" section on the DIY forum and I'll sort out your access

Davew

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 08:50:23 pm »
Mike, a Superlight is an adapted Maver fishing pole that was being sold by Alex of Gardinerpoles, they were supplied to whatever length you required complete with pipe, gooseneck, and all fittings it was around the £600 mark with vat and delivery.for thirty five feet. The Thompson Reload is an inferior although very worthy fishing pole that people like Jeff have discovered will do the same job for around £50 without any fittings, obviously not as high quality as the Maver but very usable and light. An even cheaper way is using a fibreglass Thompson Zensorflex pole at around £20 Both poles can be combined to make a longer pole. These are modular poles so no clamps and with the pipe on the outside so a little different to work with. Rather fragile but so easy when compared to telescopic glass poles.

Mike 108

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 08:52:03 pm »
Matt.

My 'user name' is 'Mike 108' or Mike Siddall or Michael Siddall.

It all gets very confusing with different sites having different criteria for user names or passwords (and often being unable to have your first choice because someone else already has it)

I really need a picture/details/price of a RELOAD pole and details of where to buy it.

Thanks

Mike

Mike 108

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 08:54:17 pm »
Davew - Thanks - Mike