Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr. S

wfp downstairs!
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:53:37 am »
Thought id let you know, since last March been wfp tops and trad down.

I decided to try and wfp down too! Easy or what after those dreaded 1st cleans of frames etc downstairs. Even though i thought i did a good job downstairs even my frames look better! RESULT!

One prob some houses i find it better to scrub front doors with wfp and little water then microfiber dry, others just wfp leaving them very wet, which some custys dont like when they come to pay, thats why i microfibre some.

How do you lot do front doors?

need a cleaner

Re: wfp downstairs!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:03:17 am »
if they are unter a porch or not under any windows i normaly do them first so they are almost dry when its time to colect ;), if not i tend to scrim it just to get the excess water(only if the custy is home) after all we dont want the custy to slipp and fall just b4 he pay us , do we ;D ;D

Count Phil

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 04:32:59 pm »
Have you had any moans? I'm still trad downstairs and have sort of developed a fear of changing the downs over. I did one lot and they had loads of soap runs, you know the type.

I guess its a matter of getting first time out of the way....

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 04:54:35 pm »
Thought id let you know, since last March been wfp tops and trad down.

I decided to try and wfp down too! Easy or what after those dreaded 1st cleans of frames etc downstairs. Even though i thought i did a good job downstairs even my frames look better! RESULT!

One prob some houses i find it better to scrub front doors with wfp and little water then microfiber dry, others just wfp leaving them very wet, which some custys dont like when they come to pay, thats why i microfibre some.

How do you lot do front doors?

I've had a few grumbles about wet front doors so I'm selective now.
Also be aware that some doors can let in water at the bottom (or the letter box).

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 04:56:54 pm »
I always do the front door 1st & always sweep the water away from the front door. OK there is often 1 or2 pots to move but it looks so much better & the custy is impressed.

Macc

Mike 108

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 04:58:45 pm »
I'm doing the odd one or two (top and bottom) with WFP to gauge customer reaction.

So as not to give the customer any obvious reason to complain, I always clean the front door/porch using only a damp applicator or damp cloth followed by squeegee/microfibre polish.

Not had any complaints so far.

Mike

craig jwc

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 05:01:20 pm »
I turn the flow down when cleaning the front door.

I normally start and the back of the house and work round to the front, so the front door is still quite wet when i go to collect.

Haven't had anyone complain as of yet.

LWC

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 06:54:06 pm »
just do it and dont be wimps. i got rid of the bloke who used to work with me who didnt take to wfp and did trad downs

anyway, went back to them did all wfp, never said owt to them, and no one said owt to me

dai

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 06:56:20 pm »
Using WFP on the front door is one of the main reasons for cancellations. If the door is under cover, it gets done by hand. It's quicker too, than using WFP and then having to dry up the mess. A damp, clean scrim is all it takes for a door that doesn't get rained on. Dai

Davew

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 08:02:09 pm »
My second house I ever did I managed to soak the hallway. The door was under a deep porch and as such had no drainage holes in the frame!

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 09:42:39 am »
I only do doors with the wfp that open out unless asked otherwise.  I did one that opened in on my first time around and it left a nice puddle in the kitchen.  Most of the time you won't save anytime doing a door wfp, so I always carry a microfiber cloth with me.  I either cloth a window on a door or blade a it off, of course if you blade it off you need to take that gear out the van which takes up time.

Saying that one of my customer asked me to do her door with the system even though it opened in and then I was approached by a lady over the road as she saw that I cleaned the whole door.  I did explain that the door would be wet and if opened in the next half hour would drip all over the carpet in the hall.

Simon.

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 10:21:39 am »
I do the front doors of most of my custy's, I just tell them its a free bonus, had 2 moans about puddles, so I no longer do those 2.

Some of the upvc doors were green, since I changed to wfp the are now all gleaming and the custy's are very happy.

I also do tops and bottoms and have done since day one of wfp.

LWC

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 12:32:32 pm »
i always do doors, all of em, always nice and clean no complaints  ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 12:45:52 pm »
I WFP everything, doors & all ;)
Now and again you may have a leaky one, if the customer says anything then I simply leave the door out in future.
I don't bother doing it with a cloth, its quicker with WFP by a long way, for me it's one of those things I throw in with the price, if I had to do it trad then I'd charge extra for it.
When I think about it, I'll do the door first, it only drips for a couple of minutes at most.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

cat9921

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 09:33:18 am »
riversidewindowcle

Do not do doors with WFP in the winter it could freezs.

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 09:57:26 am »
Don't you guys still trad french windows and sliding patio doors? I do. Hand prints don't come off with pure water, its the only thing it won't shift.
a

craig jwc

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 10:54:31 am »
Don't you guys still trad french windows and sliding patio doors? I do. Hand prints don't come off with pure water, its the only thing it won't shift.
a

I don't seem to have a problem

Ian_Giles

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 11:00:27 am »
a

Ahh, you just have to watch carefully, so long as you spot the offending marks a bit of extra scrubbing will get handprints off no problem.
I cope with it on the plate glass of shop windows all the time, in fact, the thing that tee's me off most of all is women who snog pub windows!!! >:( lipstick is a sod to shift >:(
People who bleed on shop windows after they've bean beaten up also bug me...no consideration some people ;D
Kebab gunge is hard to get off with WFP too, vomit isn't too bad, at least with WFP you can clean it at a distance of 6ft! And use the edge of the brush to shift stuck on lumps :-X
For those of you that don't do shops, you won't have had to scrub off 'Green Gilberts' with your applicators...always made me gag...at least with WFP that's easy to get rid of too ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Spiceworld

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 12:11:03 pm »
For those of you that don't do shops, you won't have had to scrub off 'Green Gilberts' with your applicators...always made me gag...at least with WFP that's easy to get rid of too ;)

I know what you mean being Trad i still have to do that  :P

Richard

Mr. S

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 10:42:07 pm »
Seeing as i started this thread, then id better add another post.

As you will see ive changed my name from riversidewindowcle to riverside professional. Reason being the past few days ive been really thinking about progress! that means being selective on wfp on front doors, whatever is easiest on that particular house and depending on price, if you understand what i mean. New busines cards , altering my leaflets to give a more professional approach etc etc. Only thing im lacking i believe is sign writing for van.

My reason for going in depth a bit above, is to say im having quite a bit of sucess with wfp downstairs they look better too as mentioned b4, earning more too!Should have done it a long time ago but have recently just upgraded to 1000ltr tank in van, microbore hose and triggers on some of my poles which helps saving water!

I think there were alot of factors why i didnt wfp downstairs at first but gradually overcoming them! I feel more professional too!