This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pylofm

Drops/dumps/moves
« on: June 28, 2007, 07:36:57 am »
Just out of interest what do you see as your averge annual loss rate for customers whether it is as a result of dumped/moved/undercut etc....

So far I have had aprox 10%....got rid of two yesterday....not happy to but was being mucked around big style so would rather spend the time getting more acceptable customers...

Dave..

Trevor Knight

Re: Drops/dumps/moves
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:46:00 am »
Year on Year loss as a percentage 4.5% based on a client bank of in excess of 2000 customers.

Average of 2 a week. Glad to say out of this percentage approx 70% are through no fault of our own, the others are down to operative error and unhappy customers.

The most important aspect is that we take on more new customers than we lose each week.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Re: Drops/dumps/moves
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 09:30:55 am »
Interesting topic. There is a business term that internet and energy providers use- churn rate- and you are supposed to have a low one, and it is one of the indicators used to asses a business and possibly sack the MD.

Mine is a lot higher than it should be based on a base of over a hundred. Many are my fault but this is coming down. Also a lot of my custys are other window cleaners rejects so I do have people complaing before I have even done the job.
Just as frustrating, you do a good job, they believe there windows no longer get dirty and they go to a longer period between clean, which again translates into lost work.

I think Trevors figure 4.5% is a good one and probably about as good as we can expect.