Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Best way to purchase a brand new van?
« on: June 27, 2007, 04:17:09 pm »
I am desperate to get a brand new van! Something like a swb boxer.

I know if you lease a van the full amount is tax deductible but you don't own it at the end of the lease. Also can you sign write a leased van?

2nd option is to borrow 15 grand and buy it outright and pay back the loan but that amount would mean I would probably be paying near 20 grand by the time they add on interest.

Or if there was a 0% finance deal, maybe that would be the best.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matthew

Helen

Re: Best way to purchase a brand new van?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »
Matthew, you can get lease deals with an option to buy or replace when you near the end of the deal, but you really need to look at what is best for you. Are you VAT registered and if so are you on flat scheme or full scheme, as this does make a difference with lease deals in many ways. I know having a brand new gleaming van is a very tempting, but do you really want to put that much pressure on yourself with a large loan. Why not search round for a good second hand, if you look really hard you can pick up bargains. Then save save save and set a target for when you are going to get the brand new one! :)

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:30:10 pm »
Helen,

Im not vat registered.

The reason I want a brand new van Is to have more freedom. At the moment I have a x reg transit with over 100,000 miles on the clock!

I want to be able to drive anywhere in the uk in order to visit familly, friends and go away for weekends. I just want reliability.

At the moment if I want to go any distance I have to hire a car and I'm getting sick of that.

A new van Is the only way forward for me.

I don't fancy a loan of £15,000

If you have the option to buy the van at the end of the lease how much would it cost? (roughly)

Matthew

Helen

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 04:46:05 pm »
Matthew I may be wrong, but a long while ago before we were vat registered, we looked into leasing and we told that we couldn't business lease unless we were! This may have changed, we may have been told a load of old rubbish, but hey, we went down a different road and now have 4 vans on the road and not a brand new one amongst them!
Is your x reg playing you up? we have a M reg 150,000 plus on the clock and still going strong.  Serviced nore regularly than the newer ones though! understand what you say about reliabilty, but you can get problems with brand new vehicles too!
If you could lease, every leasor has a different deal going, so sorry can't even guess on the cost of buying

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 05:11:22 pm »
i got my van from vansdirect. i only have fiat doblo which was £6000 brand new. i put it over a 5 year hire purchase what means at the end of the 5 years i own it.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 05:39:55 pm »
i got my van from vansdirect. i only have fiat doblo which was £6000 brand new. i put it over a 5 year hire purchase what means at the end of the 5 years i own it.
6 grand?

Does it come with an engine?
Or wheels?

macmac

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 05:47:27 pm »
6 grand?

Or wheels?

They come with both, great van, half the price of some bigger vans, comes with a 730kg payload too.
Mind you , they are only "poxy little fiats" according to you squeeks ;D
I know which one i'd choose ;)

tony

neil100

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 05:54:19 pm »
Buy my sons of him. All ready for wfp with 2,500 miles coverd,9 months old. Its a Fiat doblo though so it may be to small for you.

Nel

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 05:54:37 pm »
6 grand?

Or wheels?

They come with both, great van, half the price of some bigger vans, comes with a 730kg payload too.

tony
Shame it's got some sort of plastic shopping trolley stuck to the front. :-X

730kg? Must wallow like a good'un with a full load. :o

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 06:06:24 pm »
I test drove the New Scudo the other week, fantastic van, much better drive than the one ive got at the moment, drives more like a car. Cheap to buy, service and if you do need parts after 3 years, again cheap. I test drove the 120bhp one.

Clear Vision

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 06:09:37 pm »
Buy my sons of him. All ready for wfp with 2,500 miles coverd,9 months old. Its a Fiat doblo though so it may be to small for you.

Nel

Can you post the link  of the pics of your sons van.

Or please email details.

I will seriously consider his van BUT....... I would prefer a larger van but I'm open minded

macmac

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 06:19:18 pm »
6 grand?

Or wheels?

tony
Shame it's got some sort of plastic shopping trolley stuck to the front. :-X

730kg? Must wallow like a good'un with a full load. :o

Thats the old model, the new one is much better, half the price of yours too, so, when you've run out of work, or can't get any more decent priced work as " your area is over run with cheap w/c'rs", or the "get wfp, a big van & you'll be a millionaire" hasn't come true :o well, at least you'll not be paying for the over-priced, over-sized van that you never needed. ;D
Thinking, Dancing! :P

tony

niceandclean

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 06:19:34 pm »
New Fiat Scudo Maxi LWB Diesel
2.0 Multijet 120 High Roof Comfort Van

Our Price £10,590

Lease -  £567+VAT Down, 48 x £189 with Terminal Rental of £4,467
Hire Purchase -  VAT & RFL as DEPOSIT, 60 x £229

Summary
  Features
  Technical
  Dimensions

The new model Fiat Scudo has once again been developed through the PSA Peugeot, Citroen and Fiat alliance. This collaboration sees the Expert, Dispatch and Scudo step out of its little niche market and into the competitive line up including VW's Transporter, Ford's Transit, Renault's Trafic and Vauxhall's Vivaro. It does seem a very bold step from the PSA alliance but now they are offering a short and long wheelbase with the latter also available with a high roof making the loading capacity jump up from 4m³ to 5-8m³. Even though they have now jumped in with the big fish one thing still makes this van stand out - PRICE

Warranty 3Yr / 100000 miles / 8Yr Anti-Perforation

Thats with vansdirect.co.uk

Davew

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 06:20:37 pm »
I paid six and a half for my Citroen Dispatch, two years old 2ltr hdi with eighteen thousand on the clock still under warrenty. No vat.

bumper

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 06:22:23 pm »
you can add another grand on the price of the fiat doblo for vat

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 06:27:46 pm »
Thats the old model, the new one is much better, half the price of yours too, so, when you've run out of work, or can't get any more decent priced work as " your area is over run with cheap w/c'rs", or the "get wfp, a big van & you'll be a millionaire" hasn't come true :o well, at least you'll not be paying for the over-priced, over-sized van that you never needed. ;D
Thinking, Dancing! :P

tony
Who cares?
It's only money.
I've got a lush van. ;D

Davew

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 06:29:18 pm »
Big enough to sleep in. :)

Stevie G

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 07:05:10 pm »

neil100

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 07:06:14 pm »
Clear Vision, Heres the link with van pics.

Topic: Looking for van with wfp system installed for sale?.  (Read 255 times)

If you want to speak to me about the van I will post my Telephone number, But only if you are seriously intrested.

We have been that busy we have not got round to advertising it for sale yet. Hopefully this weekend I will sort something out.

Nel.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 07:14:33 pm »
Those fiats will drive good on a test drive it`s got nothing in it,tell them you`ll come back when they put 1/2 a ton in the back then you`ll have your honest answer.