Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lesa m

Calling all ladies
« on: June 26, 2007, 10:51:37 pm »
Hi, I know I asked this question a while ago when I was considering starting WFPing. How many of you ladies have taken the plunge & just do window cleaning?
Came home form work today & Paul has talked me into handing my notice in & doing it tomorrow. :o :o I currently work in a school 4 days a week & go with Paul on a Friday. I earn more on a Friday than all the other 4 days put together so our plan is for me to work 2 days a week with Paul WFPing.

jeff1

Re: Calling all ladies
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 11:01:33 pm »
Go for it Lesa
My Boss is registered disabled and can still use the wfp, I put pictures on the forum a few weeks ago of her using it,
so my advice is go for it and you can keep Pauls on his toes at the same time ;D ;D (sorry Paul  ;D ;D)

tacky

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 11:12:28 pm »
my wife been trad with me 8 yrs bloody brill i do tops she does bottom n collect money .come winter i cut her hours down .esp when cold . she loves it . so easy when thiers two of u

Lesa m

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 11:14:45 pm »
Why don't you treat yourselves to a WFP? Banks smiling ;)

Lesa m

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 11:19:36 pm »
Go for it Lesa
My Boss is registered disabled and can still use the wfp, I put pictures on the forum a few weeks ago of her using it,
so my advice is go for it and you can keep Pauls on his toes at the same time ;D ;D (sorry Paul  ;D ;D)
Seen your pics how long's Max Wall been working with you? ;D

LSB

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 12:09:04 pm »
my wife ( now ex ) used to work with me when we started years ago ,
financially and building the business up , it was a good idea ,

however ,

i found that spending all that time together at work and at home was ( stiffling / claustrophobic etc ) difficult !!  :-X

Helen

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 12:18:31 pm »
lloyd, you have a point, which at the start no-one thinks about of course. You have to have a very very strong relationship to work all the time together and live together. My advise for the ladies, go out with your chap and learn the trade. Work alongside part time and if you do not work elsewhere, take over the admin side etc. Lesa, you seem to have it right, 2 days a week, should boost your income and keep the distance too! ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 01:57:37 pm »
You have to be a real Man to work with your wife or wear pink T shirts  :)

( Worked with mine since we got hitched 36 years ago  :) )

ScrimShady

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 02:12:27 pm »
hi lesa m.I was in your boat a year ago.Was working  as a nursery nurse on poo money,loads of hassle and nothing but a headache at the end of the day!!!
After being promised promotion and then bluntly giving it to someone else i decided enough was enough!I now work with rich on the wfp and i earn in a day what i would earn in a week being a nursery nurse!
Its nice to be out in the sun meeting new poeple and getting paid for it too!!
No regrets!!!
lynsey(mrs scrim)
xx

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 04:08:46 pm »
Hi Lesa

My Mrs works with me, she has done for nearly 10 years.  I always used to do the ups and her the downs, we got our work down to 2 days a week.  Now we've gone to wfp we still work together but on separate houses as we were getting tangled up, so we both take an ipod each to listen to.

My wife Katy will reel out and reel in with regular house pipe ( I do most of the reeling in as I'm a bit fussy) she uses a 12ft GF pole, sometimes a 20ft GF pole and also when needed uses a backpack full.  She prefers it to trad.  She's not a muscle woman.

Only problem I can see with both working together is that if you can't work due to weather or something then no money  at all, where as if you keep your job then there is always a bit of income coming in.  However this has never really posed a problem for us and having the time off for other things is a big factor to consider.

Simon.

quantum cleaning

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 05:38:13 pm »
My husband works with me,we  have done for the last 12 years I do most of the canvassing and pricing but we both WFP together we wouldnt have it any other way.

Rachel

paul mather

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 05:59:29 pm »
hi lesa m.I was in your boat a year ago.Was working  as a nursery nurse on poo money,loads of hassle and nothing but a headache at the end of the day!!!
After being promised promotion and then bluntly giving it to someone else i decided enough was enough!I now work with rich on the wfp and i earn in a day what i would earn in a week being a nursery nurse!
Its nice to be out in the sun meeting new poeple and getting paid for it too!!
No regrets!!!
lynsey(mrs scrim

I started last Oct doing a day a week, how do you find it it the winter. I think last winter was mild.
Lesa (Paul's Mrs)
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Lesa m

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 07:42:45 pm »
Oh no :o I've done it now!! I handed in my notice yesterday & the head has made it clear she dosn't want me to go & again asked me to reconsider this morning.
So it looks like Paul's got to put up with me 2 days a week. :-*

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 09:30:18 am »
Well done I'm sure it will go well.

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 07:15:05 am »
My wife doesn't come out with me but she has taken over all the admin and makes all my appointments for me. Its great.
So many of my jobs now need an appointment these days because otherwise half of them would be out when I arrived. 

Lesa m

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 09:59:07 am »
That sounds fantastic Vince, but paul's told me he's not paying me £200 for 5 mins work. ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 10:50:32 am »
Oh no :o I've done it now!! I handed in my notice yesterday & the head has made it clear she dosn't want me to go & again asked me to reconsider this morning.
So it looks like Paul's got to put up with me 2 days a week. :-*

Well no-one can stop you leaving.  It's your choice so long as you give the required notice.  Better to do it in writing as well in case there are any doubts about what was said.

Lesa m

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 01:26:50 pm »
Don't worry Shiner, it's all done & dusted the proper way. ;)

Londoner

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 10:07:26 am »
Another thing, although its early days yet. I suspect my wife has more of a "killer instinct" than me when it comes to pricing. She doesn't really know that much about access and the technicalities of how to clean a particular house but when she comes up with a price I flinch but she goes for it, boy does she go for it.

Spiceworld

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 10:15:39 am »
I have a fellow lady w/c near me that i know well, and her prices also are 2 - 3 times more than me  :o