Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: My New Backpack Switch Exstension
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 11:05:07 pm »
Jeff,

You mention "Extension Wire" What is this and where did you get one from.

I just used 2 x 2 core 12v wires.  Snipped of the battery plug from the switch connected it to one wire end connected the other wire to the pump.  It worked............

Untill.............................................It shorted and..................................stopped..................Re-wired it then...........................pump ran constant..........................oops wires wrong way round!! sorted it now and it works.
Usefull having the switch dangling in front of me so I can SEE the red LED!!

David
The cable you mentioned Dave is good enough, by extension I mean the lenght of cable you need, this is governed by where you want to fit the switch, I had mine fixed to the trolley, but it became a pain to keep detaching from the trolley so I re-fitted it to the strap. Hope this makes sense.

Art

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 11:09:45 pm »
Thanks Jeff, i've not even looked at the manual yet. I want one so just let me know how much for the parts and as i said i don't mind paying for your time, but that's very kind of you to do it for me.

As far as the warranty goes i'm not so sure if it would be honoured anyway because there not getting used for what there built for. Got mine from the states cheap enough so no worries

Arthur

jeff1

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 11:17:00 pm »
Your right about the warranty Art, I have just sent you an email with a few instructions so let me know what you think?

Art is your backpack a sureflo one???

Art

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 11:27:17 pm »
Yes mate it's the sureflo.

I've replied to your email

Arthur

Pittmonkey

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 12:11:03 am »
Jeff, how or where did you get the on/off switch-pad from? or did you cut it off the base of the BP and cut hole in plastic box.

Cheers
Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

jeff1

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 12:23:34 am »
Jeff, how or where did you get the on/off switch-pad from? or did you cut it off the base of the BP and cut hole in plastic box.

Cheers
Wayne
The whole switch is from the backpack including the membrane you see glued to the box, the 2 little screws used to fix the PCB to the box is the screws used to hold it into the backpack, you see I used everything available from the BP with the thought, if it ever had to be put back together all the parts were there at hand.

This is why its called an extention switch, we use what we have and just extend it to a more comfortable place.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2008, 12:37:31 am »
Jeff are you saying the switch/pad/led window will peel off the steel plate on the base of BP.

I dont have any probs with removing the PCB and all the other stuff it was the switch I got confused about
Thanks

jeff1

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2008, 12:40:32 am »
Jeff are you saying the switch/pad/led window will peel off the steel plate on the base of BP.

I dont have any probs with removing the PCB and all the other stuff it was the switch I got confused about
Thanks
The plastic cover is infact a tactile membrane, just like your remote controls.
Just peel it of gently and it will come off like mind did, if you get any problems gently play some heat over the plastic just enough to soften the glue.

Any other problems just sing out. ;)

Pittmonkey

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2008, 12:43:54 am »
Cheers Jeff all makes sense now. Play time tomorrow.

jeff1

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2008, 12:53:05 am »
Cheers Jeff all makes sense now. Play time tomorrow.
Any problems Just give us a shout ;)

Art

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008, 12:55:27 am »
Jeff, i'm getting worried now. Tactile membrane  :o  :-\  :)

jeff1

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 01:00:46 am »
Jeff, i'm getting worried now. Tactile membrane  :o  :-\  :)

Stop getting worried and enjoy your golf Tomorrow  ;D

If anyone has a problem with taking of the plastic cover then leave it on there BP, you can just have a little hole in the box with the little black switch from the PCB poking out and the switch can be operated like that.
A Tactile membrane is only a bit of springy plastic and makes the switch easier to press, you can leave it on and buy a new one from Maplins, but it really isn't a problem if you  don't use it.

Enjoy that Golf Art ;)