This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richy L

any of you guys do jet washing to?
« on: June 26, 2007, 06:32:10 pm »
I no this isnt really window cleaning but......

I find it hard to drum up jet washing business. 99% of my jet washing comes from my window cleaning customers.

How do any of you guys find enough work for full time jet washing?or at least regular work?

Ive tried yellow pages, but i only really had enough work to pay for the ad!
Is the answer flyers? I know with window cleaning flyers are usually a waste of time.

So what would you guys suggest?

Majestic

Re: any of you guys do jet washing to?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 06:37:02 pm »
I also do power washing , and most of my customers come from people who I clean windows for .
I have had a add in a local free mag, it has brought in some work but not as much as I had hoped for.
Last year I posted 10,000 flyers and had about 10 jobs from them
This year I have had 1 job from the flyers I left last year.

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 06:38:26 pm »
it seems to be mostly word of mouth, but how can you get the word spead, if you dont have much business to start with?   :-\

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 06:42:34 pm »
Jet washing is a good add-on when the elements prevent window cleaning.

But it's a really seasonal thing from march to September (who gives a stuff about their patio in the winter?).

Do this: Alter your biz card to read, Window/Patio Cleaning. Point this out to customers but explain that you can only do it when you're not window cleaning...ie: wet weather.

Another thing is to offer a re-grouting service after you're 140psi monster has ripped up most of the old loose mortar ;D

Good luck!

robbie14000

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 07:18:19 pm »
Richy - get your van sign written as I have picked up alot through the signs on the van.
When window cleaning we use another van so park the ambulance (drive doctor) on very busy roads and this has also done well.
Only been doing it 4 months and it has already paid for itself.
Had my good lady and one of my lads doing 2 drives today but still learning how to cut the time down and best ways of cleaning.
I also try to get my clients to go on a yearly clean so they are booked for next year
Good Luck
Robbie

Richy L

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 07:29:20 pm »
cheers guys, all good advice.

I was thinking of pirctures on my van ....   before and after  ...... after all, pictures speak louder then words.

Tim Rose

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 07:31:01 pm »
I've had next to nothing despite the signs on the side of my van. What a waste of money. Will stick it all on ebay after this summer, but will wait to catch someone who thinks they can make a go of it for 2008, then unload the whole thing.

Richy L

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 07:41:28 pm »
so how many jobs do you guys get every month?
Only on average. and how much a job.
Basically, how much can you guys make from just jet washing a month?

simon knight

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 07:46:26 pm »
ive never done regrouting before.
Is it easy to do?

Easy Peasy. Go to B&Q and buy a 25lt bag of RMC and a trowel. Mix it up, then with the trowel whack it into the gap(making sure you've prised up any loose bits!!!!)....leave for 1/2 hr. Then with a 6" bit of hosepipe smooth down. Leave for a a further 1/2 hr and brush off residue with a wire brush.....job done ;)

If you're feeling brave offer to re-lay rocky/uneven slabs....nowt a bag of sharp sand and a spirit level can't do!

simon knight

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 07:55:10 pm »

As I said it's seasonal and you'll not make a full-time living doing just this !

Charge £1 per Sq Yd for the clean, £2 per Sq Yd for the re-grout.

With a 130psi machine a 40 Sq Yd patio should take 90 mins if you work 40 mins....rest machine 10 mins....work 40 mins.

dougster

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 10:11:27 pm »
i tend to use chemicals on drives, as doesnt affect the pointing, customers love it as most people use jet washers and make a mess. then they come back year after year

craig jwc

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 04:58:09 pm »
I have mine printed on the slips i put through the door if the customers isn't in.

I use my pressure washer to do the Gutters and Fascia's using a Gutter Lance.

A couple of weeks ago a woman saw me cleaning the gutters on a neighbours house and asked me to go and quote on 2 lots of decking and a driveway plus the guttering.

As soon as my customers saw i was doing pressure washing they started asking me.
Within about 12 weeks it had paid for itself.

If you have a customer base for the windows then you already have the work there for Gutter Cleaning and Pressure Washing.

Stevie G

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 06:07:41 pm »
craig what pressure set up have you got size etc.

also where you got you lance from.

regards steve.

robbie14000

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 06:19:58 pm »
Richy - Cleaned one today £480.00.
Only managed to get half of it sanded so have to go back but the doctor was very happy with the outcome.
We use a 4000 psi powerwasher and a flatdeck cleaner.
We are averaging about 10-12 cleans per month but we also have the window side so this is just an add on to offer to our clients.
I do not think you could get a fulltime living from it as I would imagine it will be very quiet over the winter months.
Good Luck
Robbie

craig jwc

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 06:26:49 pm »
Cleantime -  It's nothing special.

I picked it up from B&Q as i needed one quick for a job.
It has a Briggs & Stratton 3.5 (4 stroke engine) - 125 BAR
Got it for £200.

The Gutter Lance i got form Varitech, but can't remember the price.

People might have a few comments about the washer i bought, but i was really surprised how good it is. It does for what i want and it's paid for itself already including the lance.
The Decking & Patios i have cleaned have come up looking good and the customers where well pleased with them.

Stevie G

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 07:23:20 pm »
who cares what it looks like. so long as it as its doing the job mate ;D

thanks for the info.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 07:37:26 pm »
Will it power a spinner or whirl away?

craig jwc

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 09:40:48 pm »
If you mean a surface cleaner, i was told it would, but never tried it.

I just use the lance, but am looking at a surface cleaner as it would make the job quicker.