This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richy L

jet washers!
« on: June 26, 2007, 06:10:30 pm »
I am a window cleaner/ jet washer, but i find it hard to drum up jet washing business. 99% of my jet washing comes from my window cleaning customers.

How do you guys find enough work for full time jet washing?
Ive tried yellow pages, but i only really had enough work to pay for the ad!
Is the answer flyers? I know with window cleaning flyers are usually a waste of time.

So what would you guys suggest?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Richy

BDCS

Re: jet washers!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:40:27 pm »
Hello, what type of jetwashing work do you want ? If you want drive and patio cleaning work you need the right gear then leaflets do work

Ged

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 07:40:31 am »
my experience is leaflets are not cost/ time effective, sometimes  less than one job per thousand but does raise your profile in the area. advert in local press effective but expensive. door knocking, time consuming but effective. most work this year for me has been recommends, repeats which is great. after a few years you get well known and this generates income. to do this full time you really need to be looking at the commercial sector as well i would think and diversify. you can't rely on domestic patio/ drive cleaning to see you through the winter. also the weather this year has put people off. in south yorkshire we have had rain of some sort on most days since the middle of may, culminating in the floods.

just my thoughts

Ged

drivewasher

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:09:37 pm »
I am finding flyers very hit and miss. I have just had 3000 delivered at £25 per k thats £75 Plus cost of 3k flyers (full colour)
It has got me 2 jobs directly totaling £270 plus a passer by whilst working small job £30
I was just looking into my flyer being to much if you know what I mean, but may well be it's cos it's a flyer at the end of the day
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

Richy L

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 06:51:36 pm »
does any one have an example of a flyer they use?
I want to get some done, and some ideas would be great please guys

richy

Ged

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 10:48:11 pm »
try this guy
D.P. Design & Print
Unit B1, Chamberlain Business Centre, Chamberlain Road
Kingston Upon Hull HU8 8HL
FactoryTel:01482 226295
Mobile:07738 224 199

has stock p/w flyers if you don't have your own art work/ before and after pics.

good value

funny thing steve have  job come this week from flyer posted three years ago. people are weird

ged

drivewasher

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 11:47:41 pm »
Hi Ged
Hows your fsc been with those 020 nozzles in it??
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

Ged

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 01:16:40 pm »
hi steve

fsc much better with the new nozzles. working a treat, that's when the rain stops long enough to get the jobs done.

cheers

Ged