This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drakestar!

snail trails!
« on: June 25, 2007, 05:06:52 pm »
its june & i spend ages cleaning up snail trails! they must be the only ones who love this weather!

Davew

Re: snail trails!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:12:28 pm »
Same here they take double the time  :(

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:17:15 pm »
Call me a rogue trader, but I generally don't bother cleaning these off, unless they're on a kitchen window or a living room window.

I never see them when I approach the glass, it's only when they get wet they show (I think).

I've not had any complaints regarding this!

Davew

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 05:20:47 pm »
Ooh shoddy!

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 05:25:21 pm »
They're not that bad to get off, easier than dried on bird doings.  I know trad they'd be more of a pain though.  I think they'd only show up in the wet as well, all though if the sun was shining right through I'm not sure about that.

T.W.C

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 05:59:18 pm »
Sod the snails, what about the silky trails that the dam caterpillers leave, they are a nightmare and do show up from the inside.

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 06:07:09 pm »
Sod the snails, what about the silky trails that the dam caterpillers leave, they are a nightmare and do show up from the inside.

I've one account; a good sized one; where once a year hundreds of caterpillers  leave the vegitation and climb up the walls and windows of this big sash-windowed house; and you're spot on; it's a nightmare.

You end up cleaning the same window four times to try and get all the silk trails off.

Dave Turley

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 06:09:11 pm »
i always carry a little squirty bottle of gg3 with me. one squirt sorts snail trails out straight away. i only use it when i have to though cos you have to rinse well after using it

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 06:39:46 pm »
They're not that bad to get off, easier than dried on bird doings.  I know trad they'd be more of a pain though.
Almost 101% wrong. ::)

Trad it's easy, 2 second wipe with wet scrim.
Wfp it takes a while, and still leaves some behind.

007 or what

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »
Quick squirt of TFR clean off  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 10:33:51 pm »
Call me a rogue trader, but I generally don't bother cleaning these off, unless they're on a kitchen window or a living room window.

I never see them when I approach the glass, it's only when they get wet they show (I think).

:o WHAT A COWBOY  ::)

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 10:47:25 pm »

Yeeeee - hah!

:o WHAT A COWBOY  ::)

DASERVICES

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 11:04:14 pm »
WFP shows them up a treat and a few scrubs they are gone, the same effort as trad.

When I was trad I never saw them but with wfp see them all the time.

brett walker

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 11:29:46 pm »
Snail trails, they are sods to get off give them a good rub with a microfibre cloth and if you get the little ba****ds tred on them ;D

Brett