Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wrekin C S

Setting up WFP?
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:01:27 am »
Hi all,

Im setting up and I am new to WFP systems - I am considering buying a 650ltr tank system from pure freedom, I have read previous posts on here and found that quite a few of you have bought the freedom trolley systems - but I have not seen any posts about their van mounted systems! - Has any1 bought one of their van systems or does any1 know if they are any good?

Much help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

mark dew

Re: Setting up WFP?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:34:11 am »
i use their trolley system as well and i can't help you with their van mount. But i would think the parts are the same for any van mount, RO, pump and varistream.
If there are any differences between suppliers, it appears to be on price and communications only. If that is what you want i reckon you should go for it.

Dave Turley

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:42:51 am »
i agree with mark about many systems just being variations of similar components. have you considered getting a 500 litre ibc. that would be more than enough for one person for all day, you can baffle it with land drain or similar, and you'd probably get one for about £50?  just a thought   :)

Wrekin C S

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:34:03 pm »
O.K. thanks for the reply guys  ;)

Are there any other systems that I should be considering at this sort of price - and how do you think freedoms system will compare to other systems on the market?

I have already bought my van -

Here's the system im interested in buying what do you reckon?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/650-LTR-PURE-WATER-FED-POLE-WINDOW-CLEANING-TANK-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ250133151643QQihZ015QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

brightnclean

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 06:45:18 pm »
I know 2 people with van mounts from Pure Freedom.

Both have had them fitted by them though and they are well pleased. I have an I*nics van mount and also am well pleased with it but had I known about the Freedom systems when I bought mine I could have saved a lotta wonga  :(

I do know they dont do the metal straps any more though. They do proper metal cages. Setting up a system is pretty easy but if you do need any help they will get you sorted pronto. If you havent done so already just give Andrew McCann a call. He will talk you through it all and wont give you any *rap. He's a down to earth bloke and dead easy to speak to.

cybersye

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 08:29:35 pm »
Hi Andy, I built my own system with a merlin ro
Had a look at the link and reckon thats a pretty good price. Adding it up in my head I reckon you may save a couple of hundred at most going the diy route (dont quote me on it) but from my experience of the hassle and faffing about building mine up and changing a few things I'd have gone for something like that a couple of years back had I have known about it / been available. Peace of mind and good service from what others have said. If I were starting up again I'd go for it.
Simon

Wrekin C S

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 10:58:28 am »
Some good sound advice there chaps thanks for that - now I have to decide do I fit it myself or drive 170 miles and get it done properly - can't be that hard to do yourself! can it? lol  :-\

paul mather

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 01:20:48 pm »
Why don't you look at Gardener Pole Systems website & then give Kirsty or Anna a ring. ( If you don't get an answer, leave a message & they will get back to you) I bought my system from them a year ago & got change out of a grand!!

Great bunch of guys who will go out of their way to help you & will not sell you something you don't need. Kirsty's brother Alex is on this forum all the time as well, answering anybodies technical questions. Haven't noticed Mr McCann doing that recently.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Wrekin C S

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 03:39:13 pm »
o.k. paul thanks for that - I have had a look at:
http://www.gardenerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

- what size system did you buy to get change out of a grand?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 04:20:26 pm »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the recommendation  ;)

Hi Wrekin Window C S,

We no longer supply the DIY system kits that Paul purchased. We only supply the pre-built van mount systems. There are several forums out there for someone wishing to go fully DIY. We still supply many of the parts to build such a system.

Freedom does supply a good basic DIY system which he will fit for you for a reasonable price.

paul mather

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 06:15:23 pm »
We no longer supply the DIY system kits that Paul purchased. We only supply the pre-built van mount systems. There are several forums out there for someone wishing to go fully DIY. We still supply many of the parts to build such a system.

So you wouldn't supply someone with the gear you sold me Alex as a complete kit, why's that then?

Wrekin Window C S,

If you want to contact me I can tell you exactly what I was supplied with & how to set it up, sure it will save you a few hundred quid than buying from freedom & paying them to install it.

Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 06:29:32 pm »
Not enough profit to time involved!

We found that on average we spent 5 times longer on support and advice calls with a DIY system as we did the ready built van-mounts.

They also became a victim of their own success, we sold so many that we were running out of time simply to run our business. We had to make a tough decision that we could only do so much.

We can still sell you most of the parts that make up these systems but not as part of a support based DIY system.

The components in the DIY system kits still make up one of the best methods of using a WFP system. We personally still use all of the components that you use.

paul mather

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 06:32:51 pm »
Thought so, just noticed you don't supply R O Man R O Filters anymore is that for the same reason?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

matt

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 07:10:26 pm »
have a look at the DIY site and forum

you wont go far wrong with that

< - ------------ E.mail me for the link ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:54 pm »
Hi Paul

We do still supply all the filters and parts for RO Man RO Units.  If you look at the bottom section on our Online Shop, inside this section there is a section entitled water purification.

paul mather

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 09:20:57 pm »
But you don't list the complete 100 GPD RO System anymore do you?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 09:30:01 pm »
No we do not. Once again it was due to the length of time that we had to spend in support of these products, compared to the very small profit margin. Many users buy these products due to the low cost but do not have any understanding of how they work or perform. RO units are very difficult to trouble shoot over the phone with so many variables involved. We ended up in many cases sending a replacement unit to our client just to sort the problem out and get them able to work. When we received the original RO unit back, more often than not there was no problem with it and it worked perfectly well, but we ended up with a second hand RO unit plus courier cost each way.

We worked out that over 2 years we lost money on RO units. These units are still very good units but from our point of view they made for bad business! We still have some returned units in the store!

paul mather

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 10:40:47 pm »
Next you'll be telling us unless you've got 5 grand to spend either you or Kirsty don't want to know us!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Wrekin C S

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 01:35:20 am »
Thanks for replys and info guys

I found this 1 on ebay aswell - must admit it don't look as tidy as freedoms system but is a bit closer to my home what do you reckon to it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PURE-WATER-FED-POLE-SYSTEM-READY-TO-GO-CUSTOM-BUILT_W0QQitemZ220123877939QQihZ012QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

also what do I go for a D I system or R O system - which do you guys use and why?

Im still trying to get grips with all this lot so bear with me lol 

KarlJones

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 01:39:48 am »
I use DI because of my situation (living in a flat) it is hard to build a good RO system.

To be totally honest, the queston of DI or RO is not a "what do you use" but a "what should I use" question, as it depends on the TDS where you live.   Buy a handheld TDS meter before you do anything else as you can then ask the guys "I have a TDS of XXX, what system should I go for?"
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.