This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

do i need a contract
« on: June 24, 2007, 05:19:06 pm »
When a quote has been accepted do i get them to sign a contract on comercial cleans.If so what would i put in form of a letter for them to sign.
Thanks for any help
Martin

detec52

Re: do i need a contract
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 05:28:54 pm »
Hi Martin how yer doing? when i get a job commercial wise i never sign up to contract, unless its a realy big job say hospital wise, most of mine are just monthly and carry on year in year out, if they are happy with you and you are happy with them then why change. Cheers Rob.
RAH Cleaning Contractors

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 08:39:43 pm »
Hi Rob i have two large cleans both done twice a year. I thought a contract would help me more than them. What do you think?

Martin

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 09:40:48 pm »
When a quote has been accepted do i get them to sign a contract on comercial cleans.If so what would i put in form of a letter for them to sign.
Thanks for any help
Martin

I don't try drafting a formal contract as such.  What I do is to print something out as a summary of what I understand we have agreed to.  I then ask them to just send me a brief letter saying that they have read it and agree with it (or to make any alterations)and that they would like me to commence window cleaning for them.
In my print out, I specify what is included/excluded, a brief summary of any risks and how I would tackle them (this is usually generic but occasionally something additional may come to light).  I also state which methods I intend to use but try to leave this a bit flexible in case of unexpected problems.
The rest is the price, frequency, how (and who) to invoice and how long to pay.  Also I discuss about how to pay (usually BACS for commercial but some do it by cheque).

wightsurf

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 07:14:33 pm »
Thanks shiner but they want a formal  contract as this is the first time i have been ask i'm not sure of what to put.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 07:19:38 pm »
Thanks shiner but they want a formal  contract as this is the first time i have been ask i'm not sure of what to put.

Aah.
You didn't say that in the original post.
If they are talking about a legally binding contract that no legal loopholes then maybe you are talking about needing a solicitor to draft it.
If they are insisting on that, then perhaps they would also like to pay for it - or at least match your share.  I take it the job is large and profitable enough to justify a bit of legal expense?

wightsurf

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 07:41:06 pm »
If only it was that easy , they think i must have lots of this type of work as they want it by tommorow  ???
I'm searching everywhere at the mo just the basic s will do i think :P