This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Waterproofs
« on: June 24, 2007, 09:08:22 am »
Stupid question I know but whats best - spend a fortune on Gortex for a jacket or wear a poncho and look a nerd (but plenty of air for ventilation). What do you lot wear in the rain?

Londoner

Re: Waterproofs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 09:13:06 am »
I bought a hi-vis yellow coat off a market stall last year for £15. Its lined and has wrist elastic to stop the water running down your arms. Great in the winter but too hot for summer showers like this week.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 09:20:19 am »
Dave,

This'll set em of ;D ;D

"I NEVER work in the rain ::)"

But, like you, I do.

I went to Millets and bought a pair of Peter Storm water proof breathable legglings about £20

Then I got a Reggatta breathable waterproof coat from a Taybury's sale in Horncastle for £20.

Along with my good waterproof boots.  I colud fall in my tank and come out dry!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Davew

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 09:34:02 am »
Ha I don't want to work in the rain but might have to. I got caught a couple of times last week - a bit like the late Magnus Magnusson - I've started so I'll finish.

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 09:47:57 am »
The trouble is by the time you put the waterproofs on you are usually already soaked anyway.

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 10:34:42 am »
The trouble is by the time you put the waterproofs on you are usually already soaked anyway.

Too true and by the time you get going in them the suns come out and you are sweating ya wotsits off

Spursboy1972

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 10:36:58 am »
I know this may sound strange but I actually dont mind working in the rain. I was lucky enough to have a really lightweight top quality gore tex wet suit already so I use that. Any top golf gear will do the trick. It also allows me to buy a new set and off set against tax!  ;D
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

vwm

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 10:06:21 pm »
I bought a hi-vis yellow coat off a market stall last year for £15. Its lined and has wrist elastic to stop the water running down your arms. Great in the winter but too hot for summer showers like this week.

damm good buy these coats i got one i also use reggatta bottems and use these even when not raining £20

in summer wear on there own and in winter with thermals and boy do they keep you warm ( think about what you wear when sking)

also bought a damm good gor tex pair of boots

dougster

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 02:56:15 pm »
sky pants for me , last twelve months and kep you walm aswell as dry

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 03:30:53 pm »
speak to your mates that work on the rail way  lol only thing is they come with no hood