Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

archercleaningserv

daily charge wfp ?
« on: June 23, 2007, 10:15:10 pm »
Hi ,

just wondered what you think the going rate is to charge for full days work for 1 man using wfp ?

JM123

Re: daily charge wfp ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 10:21:09 am »
£150-£200 but that will vary greatly across the UK
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 12:55:03 pm »
£225 - £275 also depends on the particular job & what else may be involved (access issues, flat roofs etc)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 02:31:28 pm »
I'd agree more with JM123, £150 - £200 is in the ball park I think, don't forget, this is what you are going to charge A-N-other for a full days work using WFP.

Of course you can earn more, but for a days work that is pretty reasonable by and large.
London area, the South east in general I suppose you would be charging more.

If I were doing certain types of commercial work I would expect to be able to knock out £500+ in a day, but that would be priced work, a very different thing to perhaps another contractor wanting a hand for a day and wondering what you'd charge them.

As an example:

Is either Tosh or Squeaky came to me and asked me to help them out on a big job for a day and wanted to know how much I'd want for a day rate charge I'd probably tell them I'd want a minimum of £175 for a standard days work.
If it was me needing a hand I'd be expecting to pay them a similar fee for their help.

There is a difference between charging what you can potentially earn on a top day and what you will settle for as a sensible days earnings.

I have many days where my turnover isn't much over £120, and some bad days where I'm lucky to top £50 :'( I'm not prepared to say what my good days are :-X

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

JM123

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 07:22:51 pm »
Sound advice Ian.

the way I see it, all day jobs are solid gold, if a wfper was charging 175 a day, but doing that 5 days a week thats 875 a week, I doubt that many on here make that.

no offence please, if you can charge more then do, but I honestly feel that 150 plus a day is fair.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 07:25:45 pm »
As an example:

Is either Tosh or Squeaky came to me and asked me to help them out on a big job for a day and wanted to know how much I'd want for a day rate charge I'd probably tell them I'd want a minimum of £175 for a standard days work.
If it was me needing a hand I'd be expecting to pay them a similar fee for their help.
Got any work you want helping with Ian? ;D

matt

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 08:33:24 pm »

the way I see it, all day jobs are solid gold, if a wfper was charging 175 a day, but doing that 5 days a week thats 875 a week, I doubt that many on here make that.

no offence please, if you can charge more then do, but I honestly feel that 150 plus a day is fair.

875 a week, most it seems would get out of bed for less than 2 K, havent you been following the threads on here ;)

oh and that would only be a 4 hour day ;)

vwm

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 08:58:25 pm »
£150-175 aday depanding what sort of work it is com/dom and paid at the end of day seems fair to me,

Kev R

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 10:56:43 pm »
I charge £200 plus fuel for one man and a wfp equipped van. If another person is provided for wfp from the same van or to use traditional skills inside for example the bill is £300 plus fuel. I charge this and I work for this. Its a good way of getting help on big commercial jobs without taking on staff.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 11:09:34 pm »
VWM i like com/dom it`s always better to be safe LOL.