This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Did a mod to my brush. You like?
« on: June 23, 2007, 06:59:55 pm »
I have a mixture of brushes now, some with pencil jets and others with fans.

I perfere pencil jets but I also still like fans.

So I came up with a very simple idea that would allow me to switch between both depending on which one was best suited to the type of glass.

Here it is :-[

AuRavelling79

Re: Did a mod to my brush. You like?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 07:28:58 pm »
I like! Simple and absolutely brilliant!
It's a game of three halves!

dai

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 07:31:53 pm »
Nice one clear vision, but why do you put the jets in the middle of the brush?
If you put them one row of bristles down from the top, you could rinse brush on without any fears of contamination. There is nothing to be gained from putting them in the centre when using WFP for window cleaning. Of course if you were using the brush on it's side for car washing, it would make no difference where they were. Dai

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 07:46:40 pm »
I like! Simple and absolutely brilliant!

Thanks Malc(G)old  ;)
Nice one clear vision, but why do you put the jets in the middle of the brush?
If you put them one row of bristles down from the top, you could rinse brush on without any fears of contamination. There is nothing to be gained from putting them in the centre when using WFP for window cleaning. Of course if you were using the brush on it's side for car washing, it would make no difference where they were. Dai

The reason I never put them to the top is that the brush was supplied direct to me with the jets and tube already in. I just wanted to keep them in line with the original ones.

Anyway makes no difference what so ever to me as I lift to rinse. If I kept the brush on the glass to rinse then I probably would place the jets above.

Matthew

Clear Vision

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:54:04 pm »
The picture only shows 1 t-piece.

I have another spare one which will be fitted to it when not in use, just to keep it tidy but can I find it  >:(

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 08:26:08 pm »
What make of brush and how long/type are the bristles please ?

NWH

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 08:30:58 pm »
Cleantechs own,flocked,standard sort of legnth a very good brush but to heavy for upstairs i think but much better than the vikans.

Clear Vision

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 08:35:30 pm »
Cleantechs own,flocked,standard sort of legnth a very good brush but to heavy for upstairs i think but much better than the vikans.

Too heavy for upstairs? You must be using a whippy pole?

NWH

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 08:40:42 pm »
I use the best poles money can buy,but i`m so used to using very light brushes that anything that kind of size seems like a brick.I`m going to be selling brushes soon,almost the same brush but half the size you won`t know it`s on the pole.

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 08:42:32 pm »
what is the best pole money can buy?

TVCS

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 09:54:15 am »
i`m interested in trying some new brushes.  If you are going to be selling some soon pls let me know prices etc.  If you dont mind that is.

Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 10:17:26 am »
I like this idea very much. It leads into all sorts of interesting possibilities. Why not have quick change jets or multiple jets as standard fitting? Good idea.

When I first started ( it was only 18 months ago ) jets were take it or leave it. My brush came with jets suited to a big van mounted operation and I was pumping my trolley dry in no time. I could easily use 50 litres on one house!

I eventually got some help but I struggled.

Incidentally, my first brush was a Vikan and it cost £49.71 plus vat. That was a discount price and I shopped around to get it. Today I can buy an identical Vikan brush from Varitech for £18.56.plus vat

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 10:21:03 am »
On my wish list is a 4oz foam centre mono brush, why ? why not  ;)   everything else is just seems hard work for this lazy person  :)

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 10:34:14 am »
I have a mixture of brushes now, some with pencil jets and others with fans.

I perfere pencil jets but I also still like fans.

So I came up with a very simple idea that would allow me to switch between both depending on which one was best suited to the type of glass.

Here it is :-[

matthew, you could go to any aquarium shop, and pick up a 4 way gang valve, this way you could swap over to
any of the 2 tubes you want,

or this one

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441811421&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302030092&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023693&bmUID=1182677685614&itemNo=17&In=ALL&N=2030092&Ne=2

Clear Vision

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 10:40:51 am »
What do you mean joe?

Would that fit on my brush?

Matthew

jouk45

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 10:54:34 am »
yes matthew they are very small, and light, just connect your tubes to it, and you can turn on
the spray patern you want, simple change over. main hose in single inlet, 4  nozzle hoses on the 4 outlets

Clear Vision

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 11:00:17 am »
neat idea joe. Thanks

Will my pipe fit them?

jouk45

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 11:03:37 am »
they are standard 5mm i think, not sure, as they are for aquarium tubes, all the brushes i have ordered have mostly come with tubes that size, they are only £3 worth a try or convert the tubes. o and you can color the numptys black and white, so you dont get confused lol. just get it honest it will work, and show us another pic with it on

Clear Vision

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 11:10:06 am »
Might just give one a go.

Cheers

jouk45

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 02:24:28 pm »
matthew, i went into pets at home,  bought 2 sets of 2 way hagen valves, as they had no 4 way ones,
it was so simple to do, nothing is changed on the brush, all you do is cut the existing hose on the 3 way valve, not the inlet hose, just the 2 outlets, about 1 inch, then ad the 2 way valves, then just ad all 4 nozzle hoses to the valves, easy as that, now only thing you have to watch out for when buying the 2 way valves, they come in left and right, watch you dont buy 2 of the same, its a lot better than the 4 way valve,  it looks great very proffesional,
added bonus, you can control the flow to ;D