This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davidfaulkner

help on mdr for cyprus
« on: June 23, 2007, 11:55:37 am »
 ??? hi have been cleaning windows in cyprus for approx 4 months  but i am having a real problem with mineral deposits, locals and others use hose pipes to clean down due to the amount of sand dust sun ect and it leaves all sorts of deposits in it wake, have tried mild acids, descaler, but no joy.
Can anyone give me some help and advise a good uk mdr or any other method that will get rid of the scale it seems every house has some deposit on one or more windows, leaving the scale is not doing a lot for my reputation and i need a answer asap please advise.

russ_clark

Re: help on mdr for cyprus
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 12:49:33 pm »
Mineral deposit remover
sold by www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk
does the job for me in UK.
Russ

Majestic

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 01:10:52 pm »

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 07:39:20 pm »
MDR is ok but if you have bad mineral spots from water etc then you also need some elbow grease.However if you want to do the job quicker and without hard work then i would go with crystal clear removes anything.But you need to use gloves and rinse it straight off but like i said removes everything including run off from lead flashing on windows etc

http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=186&SectionID=40

Davew

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:49:36 pm »
What hurts the most acid or the price? ;D

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 08:36:34 pm »
Have you tried a scrubb with an abrasive side applicator on a pole with fairy?

On first cleans that are dirty or tree sap, that's what I do.

davidfaulkner

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 07:44:54 am »
Thanks i will try the chemicals, do you water them down or apply direct ? is mdr the trade name i mean is mdr from the same manufacture or is there different types/strenths etc would appreciate a reply and thanks again for the help.

Davew

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 08:44:46 am »
Mdr = mineral deposit remover.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 12:18:14 pm »
mdr will not remove water marks quick but it will do with elbow grease. With crystal clear you just wipe on with a cloth/aplicator and wrinse off job done water marks come straight off

davidfaulkner

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 01:13:34 pm »
Thanks easyclean and all for your help will try the c,clear and hope its the dogs.

nat

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 09:12:54 pm »
i have had some trouble with real stubborn md, i tried mdr and it is USELESS! some fine wirewool got rid of it in the end but i could only do one pane of glass as it took me 45 minutes!! :o

I have now just ordered some crystal clear and will be trying it at the end of this week.

Easyclean if it works then you have just helped me big time!!

I will take some pictures when i do do it and post them up here, it will also be good for my own portfolio.

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 07:01:13 pm »
Nat it should get it straight off .I dilute mine to save more lol but you'll find how much when you use it .....make sure you wear gloves though

nat

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 03:09:41 pm »
I tell you what guys and gals easycleans the man here, mdr remover done nothing but the windsor based chemical worked an absolute treat, for mineral deposits this is the kiddie!!
here are some before and after shots

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 04:14:34 pm »
where can you oder it from online?? the windows after looked mint.

nat

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 04:55:50 pm »
MDR is ok but if you have bad mineral spots from water etc then you also need some elbow grease.However if you want to do the job quicker and without hard work then i would go with crystal clear removes anything.But you need to use gloves and rinse it straight off but like i said removes everything including run off from lead flashing on windows etc

http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=186&SectionID=40

copied from the earlier post ;)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 09:00:12 pm »
Nat, how did you price for this? Hourly or set rate?

Pat Purcell

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 10:20:54 pm »
For the window pictured the acid was probably the way to go, but for windows that are not so bad SORBO hard water stain remover does an excellent job without the need for rubber gloves etc
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

nat

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 11:06:34 pm »
Nat, how did you price for this? Hourly or set rate?

I didn't price it seperatly as it was kind of trial and error experiment being my first time removing MD, the contract is worth quite a lot of money so it was no big deal but if i were to do it in future i rekon i would price it at

hourly rate = 2 m2 + material cost. but as pat just said they were VERY bad!

whys that anyway chris?

Chris Cottrell

Re: help on mdr for cyprus New
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 07:25:11 am »
whys that anyway chris?

I was just curious how some might price it because I too have only ever done one of my windows at home with MDR and that too took a while to do,
I would think an hourly rate would be the way to go starting with a minimum 1 hr starting price, not sure how you would include material costs, a bottle may last a long while

I have however had a window on a farm that was covered in calcium deposits which came off on its own with wfp/pure water over the course of 2/3 cleans this window was so bad when I fisrt was shown round the farm I thought it was frosted glass until it started to come off whilst cleaning for the first time (shocked for a minute there)
The guy was well pleased at the time