Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

keith lus

progress report
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:31:18 pm »
Hi all,
just wanted to give a quick progress report,Ive justcompleted my second week,with no extra big effort ive aquired 75 customers.Ive worked out to support myself and my wife i need about 250.this target is quite realistic as my town has a shortage of window cleaners,one women who is my customer told mde that she has not had her windows cleaned proffesionaly for nearly 3 years.
 but you know whats making me grin so much? just the work and being my own boss,today i was talking to a guy about his dogs,normaly id be loking over my shoulder for the gaffer etc etc,but today it realy hit home that im my own boss,funny thing is im quite strict with myself.butthe funny thing is i realy enjoy cleaning glass,i love to walk away from a house full of gleaming shining windows.Its not rocket science,but every day im faced with new challenges etc;each new house is different.Each house says so much about the owner etc.Today i did this old mans house top and bottom,he was sitting on his bed downstairs in the living room,no tv or radio,upstairs where al tese packing crates with labels,"receipts recors 1956.photos 1967 etc etc.Each house tells a story and as a hobby musician,this is gold for me.Its a lovely job,even though i got drenched 4 times today,and when i went around to collect my earnings at least a quarter were not home.i underestimated how demanding itis physicaly.But i sleep like a baby,and tommorow im off,but will do some serious canvassing.Nice to have met up with you all.
                           regards Keith

macmac

Re: progress report
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 12:04:29 am »
Glad its working out well for you kieth.
You will get used to the physical aspect of the job & soon you will find it less & less tiring. I find it more tiring in summer than winter.

tony

NWH

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 12:08:17 am »
Me to Mac,oh no not another topic we agree on?i love the cold bright winter days it`s the humid days i hate.

macmac

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 12:12:57 am »
Me to Mac,oh no not another topic we agree on?i love the cold bright winter days it`s the humid days i hate.

This is worrying ;D ditto, i prefere working in winter to the height of summer.

tony

macmac

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 12:15:01 am »
P.s. think you'll slate me for the vikan review, its you that hates vikans isn't it? ;D

tony

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 12:18:01 am »
glad to hear it's going well for you keith ;)
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk