This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

RO Back flush Time
« on: June 21, 2007, 02:29:14 pm »
Hi Guy's

Does it matter how long you leave your ro system on back flush for, I forgot mine and left it on for an hour ::)

Also does switching on your booster pump make any difference on a back flush?

Thanks my little peeps ;)

NWH

Re: RO Back flush Time
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 05:03:18 pm »
longer the better i would think.

Pj

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 11:16:32 pm »
I left my RO 40x40 backflushing all night a cople of times, TDS had gone up quite a bit by next time, so it did something to it.  I think it has shortened the life of my very expensive membrane.

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 11:54:38 pm »
Hello Pj Haven't seen you for a while, Your in good health I hope?

Jeff Brimble was telling me he left his on for 8 days once,  and it never did any harm, maybe the 40x40 is a little different? I don't know.

david wood

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 07:37:22 am »
hi jeff mine was left on a couple of weeks a wile ago .according to alex it does no harm thank god lol

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 07:55:04 am »
'Scuse me being thick - but do your R/O's actually back flush - as in the water flow reverses through the membranes or does it simply go through in the normal direction at full pressure without the restrictions used when you make pure water?
It's a game of three halves!

Pj

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 02:58:26 pm »
Hello Pj Haven't seen you for a while, Your in good health I hope?

Jeff Brimble was telling me he left his on for 8 days once,  and it never did any harm, maybe the 40x40 is a little different? I don't know.

Yes I'm well thanks Jeff ;)
I've been away sunning myself.

'Scuse me being thick - but do your R/O's actually back flush - as in the water flow reverses through the membranes or does it simply go through in the normal direction at full pressure without the restrictions used when you make pure water?

mine is a 40x40 setup and the flush flows in the normal direction just as you describe Malcg Old

Bonzer

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 06:17:15 pm »
Hi PJ,

It may have damaged it because you ran it without the water being softened first.

I believe you mentioned to me (when we met at your build at Kings Lynn) that you didn't use a softener?

Even with a softener you could only run a backwash safely until the softener needed regenerating....ie you couldn't really run it for an umlimited time.

Pj

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 11:59:07 pm »
Aha so my suspicions have been confirmed!  I am indeed wrecking my RO!
Just as I thought.
It's taken nearly 2 years, but it should last 4 or 5 if looked after.

Thanks 'Bonzer' for the good news!

Note to me....Buy a water softener....