This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

W C R Ltd

Canvassing Can it be Improved
« on: June 21, 2007, 10:28:43 am »
Hello,

As a few here on this Forum we, Window Cleaning Rounds Ltd, have had a mixed reaction to our services, which is great because every one has a right to express there opinion on the services we offer, some businesses on here need us, some would like to use us and some have no need, which is excellent.

So we have a question for all here...

How can canvassing for your business be greatly improved upon and made as water tight as possible insuring you as the customer to be 100% happy with your desired results?

All suggestions will be warmly welcomed.

Spursboy1972

Re: Canvassing Can it be Improved
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:21:56 pm »
Be completely straight with people with no hidden extras and no hidden agendas. As I am sure you now realise word good or bad very quickly spreads.

As one who would love to have someone to canvass for me it woiuld be much easier if more cost efficient. A payment plan etc.

Also what happens if working for another window cleaning company. Do you then go back and canvass the work you have already canvassed for me?

I am sure other people will have these concerns particularly with Commercial work.

Perhaps you could answer some of these points?

Tony
07917 623633
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

W C R Ltd

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 01:08:40 pm »
Tony,

With answering your questions, we as a registered company take very seriously our approach in consistently providing a professional cost effective solution which can be tailored to meet you current needs.

We have contracts which must be signed between our company and yours, this is legal binding, in this contract it states that Window Cleaning Rounds will not re-canvass your business on behalf of nay one else, we have had no problems with this so far and do not intend.

We do have payment plans, we have a merchant account so you are able to pay by debit/credit card, we have a rent to purchase solution, over 6 months or a year, the way we see how we do business is that we can offer everyone our services (within reason).

We will strictly not deal with anyone who does not have full liability insurance for self and all staff, and must be vetted in some way, the reason being, we are representing you, and we have to insure you will follow through with the service you say you will provide.

If anyone has any more concerns then please go ahead.

Regards

Nathan

matt

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 01:18:39 pm »
things could be inproved in many eyes,

first off you could honour the ebay auction that Jay won

Spursboy1972

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 01:36:37 pm »
Then feel free to ring me Nathan  and see if we might be able to work together.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

W C R Ltd

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 03:25:35 pm »
Tam,

You as the customer have every right to have your own contract drawn up.

We would sign if it was not conflicting with any customers we may already have within your desired geographic area.

Matt, again if you read other posts on here, i have had a resolved conversation with Jay.

Tony, no problem.

Nathan

Majestic

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 03:55:43 pm »
There seems to be problems replacing lost work, how do you overcome that

Stevie G

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 05:04:17 pm »
john,
         its the biggest problem of all with this kind of thing causes nothing but
         problems and bad blood. once someones been paid its a nightmare.
         the only way it can work as i see it is this give the canvasser. a day/s when
         your free. canvasser books the customer on the door step you then pay
         the canvasser x1 after youve done your first clean then pay the remainder
         x1=x2. thats in your favour. but if someone does cancel they dont have
         have to find a replacement. especially if that person/s gotta do 100 mile
         round trip!. just needs someone brave to give it it go. but before anyone
         starts ripping into me i found someone (not a canvassing comp) privately
         and its works fine.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 05:23:04 pm »
When this company canvas for you i take it they say who will be carrying out the wc service ie the wc buying the work.

W C R Ltd

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 05:41:27 pm »
Of course, we never say we are the Window Cleaner, our approach is clear and friendly representing you as the Trust-worthy reliable Window Cleaner.

The householder has to feel at ease when we are speaking to them, this is something we implement everytime with every customer - It Works!

We have a 2 step process that we have with the householder, before we handover any confirmed customers to you.

Nathan

nat

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 05:43:21 pm »
There seems to be problems replacing lost work, how do you overcome that
I would like to know this as well please

NWH

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 05:50:21 pm »
Would you be interested in canvassing commercial only for me.

W C R Ltd

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 05:59:21 pm »
We may be able to depending on your area and your requirements.

Please by all means provide me your details and we can discuss Commercial Contracts further.

Thanks

Nathan

KarlJones

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 11:35:46 am »
One service that I would half consider...

If you offered a "training" service,  where you taught window cleaners and our canvassers the finer points of canvassing and where it is possible to improve.

You know, sort of like a one day course?
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 01:10:16 pm »
One service that I would half consider...

If you offered a "training" service,  where you taught window cleaners and our canvassers the finer points of canvassing and where it is possible to improve.

You know, sort of like a one day course?

The APWC will be hosting a day course in the near future which will be training on all aspects of building your business. Canvassing techniques, marketing, advertising, do's and don'ts, telesales.

It will include a wide variety of information. To pre-register for the course information (this is not a commitment to attend) please email me and I will pass the info back to you.

trevor.knight@apwc.info

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Majestic

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 01:55:44 pm »
Trevor
I know its early days yet but where will the course be held

Trevor Knight

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 02:10:33 pm »
To be honest no venues have been set yet as mostly it will depend on location of attendee's.

As far as geographically possible the courses will be held in the most central location to the people on the course to reduce travelling.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 02:29:26 pm »
things could be inproved in many eyes,

first off you could honour the ebay auction that Jay won

ohh matt that would be really great all that work for £10-01 ;)

talking of canvassing, i finished my work early this week so i decided to go canvassing today (and clean them at the same time)

had a late start got £57 worth of work, cleaned them then lo & behold the heavens just opened up.
so here i am, back at home catching up on paper-work
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

steve m

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 05:23:55 pm »
there ought to be something said about the way you canvass an area BEFORE you have someone to buy it (as in the e-bay saga). If you are doing this that means someone is missing out on possible work because you want to build a round and put it onto e-bay. What if

A/
 no-one buys that round, do you then go round and tell every one there isnt a window cleaner after all

B/
do you do checks to see if any one is in that area to begin with, if so are they offered it first.

C/
in the case of the round on e-bay, what did you tell the people who's houses you canvassed. Did you tell them that it was joe bloggs doing the windows, or did you actually tell them the truth that you really didnt have a clue.

What you do is a good thing and I dont knock it, its just you say you always tell people, but how can you when you dont know who will buy it, if any

W C R Ltd

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 09:32:52 pm »
We always have a buyer for all of our rounds.

Some rounds maybe fresh canvassed with our own window cleaners cleaning it for x amount of months.

We also buy and sell rounds, if we buy then we have that round cleaned to make sure al the work is good monthly custom. Never ever buy a round of any one without checking every customer, if you do not have the time to do this, then find someone who can.

We use ebay for several different set-ups.