This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Llaaww

resin lifespan
« on: June 21, 2007, 09:42:44 am »
if my tds at the tap is 90ppm how much water will my new 11ltr di vessel produce before i need to change the resin???

if it is dirty it is fair game

Trevor Knight

Re: resin lifespan
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 03:18:52 pm »
I don't know the maths but the time frame would be weeks rather than days at an input of 90 ppm.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

vwm

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 07:04:28 pm »
500000/tds/25 then x11

so 90 tds   and a 11L di vessel will produce 2444 L of pure.

this does not take in account shaking the vessel

hope this helps

Llaaww

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 07:52:15 pm »
thanks for that, but what happens if i shake the bottle ???
if it is dirty it is fair game

williamx

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 08:54:01 pm »
If you shake the bottle and move the resin around, then you will get more litres of water per litre of resin.

Also if you run 2 di tanks in line order then the resin lasts much much longer.

My tds of tap water are 72, with just 1 di tank, I was getting about 2 months of work from a 25 kilo sack of resin, with 2 di tanks this has now gone to 5 months and still going strong

vwm

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 09:50:58 pm »
my water going though the di vessel is on average 14tds. i have a 11 L vessel in van and using about 350L per day my tds rose to 001 after 5 mths. i shaked vessel and had tds reading of 000 but this only lasted about 1.5 weeks when tds rose to 007. shaked  vessel again back to 000tds by now im getting peed off with disconecting, shaking, reconecting and mopping up van floor so refilled my vessel which is going to give me peace of mind for 5 mths.

yes some of you use up to 007 and yes you can get away with it but i choose to have my tds no more than 001 as some times a customer likes to be reassured and i would feel that i am cheating them if tds was any higher as i promote my water as 100% pure reading 000 tds.  ( would look a plonker if custy saw tds as 007+ but thats me )

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 10:06:26 pm »
Laurence,

E-Mail me and I will send you a copy of my Excell Resin calculator.

It's based on the formulars given here.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

macmac

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 10:49:43 pm »
my water going though the di vessel is on average 14tds. i have a 11 L vessel in van and using about 350L per day my tds rose to 001 after 5 mths. i shaked vessel and had tds reading of 000 but this only lasted about 1.5 weeks when tds rose to 007. shaked  vessel again back to 000tds by now im getting peed off with disconecting, shaking, reconecting and mopping up van floor so refilled my vessel which is going to give me peace of mind for 5 mths.

yes some of you use up to 007 and yes you can get away with it but i choose to have my tds no more than 001 as some times a customer likes to be reassured and i would feel that i am cheating them if tds was any higher as i promote my water as 100% pure reading 000 tds.  ( would look a plonker if custy saw tds as 007+ but thats me )

to stop water going all over the place just connect a small loop of hose to each connector when shaking it, problem solved.
Also do you use DOWEX resin? if not then try it, i think you'll find it will perform much better, especially much better than purolite!

tony

vwm

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 11:13:56 pm »
got the hose stops on hoses but it comes out of the vessel itself and the fact i have to shake it errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   but i do untill its twice a week after that its penny pinching and not worth the time ( could have cleaned a few windows and made more than what i saved in resin)

cheers for the advise though