This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Grafters Cleaning Services

you have been warned
« on: June 20, 2007, 03:57:44 pm »
Just to let you know that there is a certain company who is canvassing and selling rounds, they are also putting them up for auction on e-bay see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330130943469&rd=1&rd=1

Anyway I bid for a round in Hampshire and  I won the auction £10-01 but they refused to accept my  payment as they wanted more for the window cleaning round even though there was no reserve and I won the auction, they emailed me to say they wanted £2800.

On the listing there was no reserve so therefore according to e-bay rules I should have had it however after emailing them to try and resolve the matter they do not want to respond, the annoying part about it is they have now relisted it again with still no reserve see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Window-Cleaning-Round-Business-For-Sale-In-Hampshire_W0QQitemZ330136365060QQihZ014QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and once again the starting bid is 1p, 
I am not going to name the company (I’m sure you can work that out for yourselves) as I believe they post on this forum and if they do then they have the right to reply, infact I hope they do to resolve the matter as they don’t want to email me.
Suffice to say you have been warned.

P.S. what do you think I should do about it?
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Spursboy1972

Re: you have been warned
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 04:08:34 pm »
Have you opened up a dispute with ebay?
If then they do it again ebay will strike them off. Just a thought
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Spursboy1972

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 04:11:51 pm »
It says who they are under the item description. It also appears to be more of an advert as they actually state there is no need to bid. Surely this is not allowed? I am an ebay novice but out of curiosity I have bid and see if it happens to me.

Southampton- Hampshire

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 04:20:39 pm »
Have you opened up a dispute with ebay?
If then they do it again ebay will strike them off. Just a thought
if i don't get a response from them soon i may have to do this.
cheers tony
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

pylofm

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:29:37 pm »
I have just tried to bid upto 10.00 on it but there is someone else with a high max bid somewhere  ;)

Dave

Spursboy1972

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:32:52 pm »
I put in £10 as a max bid to see what happens. I think we should all make sure noone goes too high and see what happens. 3 strikes and they are gone from ebay.

Southampton- Hampshire

steve k

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 04:50:01 pm »
lots of people auction "information"...they use Ebay as a medium to reach potential customers.
Ebay will not do anything...their sellers come first...that is how they make their money.

To be fair, no-one really believes they are getting  a round for a few quid do they??...if it seems too good to be true...then it is usually not true.

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 04:56:05 pm »

To be fair, no-one really believes they are getting  a round for a few quid do they??...if it seems too good to be true...then it is usually not true.

then if it's not true it should be removed from e-bay?
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Majestic

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 05:16:01 pm »
They have a nice web site though

http://w.com/

They should be named and shamed

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 05:21:47 pm »
They have a nice web site though

http://w.com/

They should be named and shamed

you missed this bit out john
indowcleaningrounds
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Majestic

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 05:23:39 pm »
I dont think this forum let me fill the full name in , I did type it in though

They posted a reply to this  yesterday

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=38201.0

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 05:37:57 pm »
I dont think this forum let me fill the full name in , I did type it in though

They posted a reply to this  yesterday

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=38201.0
cheers for that john, i thought they posted on here,
perhaps now we may all get a response to thier e-bay pratice
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

paulstevens

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 08:36:46 pm »
hi boys i've seen them advertise a few times report it to ebay because as ebay sees it they should be selling a round and not just advertising it then not selling it. remember a auction on ebay is classed as a contract. so if you won the auction you have accepted a contract and the seller has to sell at that price. report as a non selling seller. i think you have to wait at least 7 days before reporting. 3 strikes and they are out.
just my pennies worth ;) ;)
regards
Paul

vwm

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 08:50:26 pm »
havent seen it yet but you can withdraw from aution before 12 hours of ending seller that is and many do use ebay as a advertising site . does it say anything thing in sellers terms and conditions if so they are covered not to sell.

its a hard one and i think ebay has got it wrong.

place a bid off 1000 cus it wont half cost them in sellers fees lol

because they will contact ebay saying you are a non payer then you reply saying that they would sell, ebay will take this as they are in the wrong and still charge them lol.

ps i have 5000+ feedback on ebay 

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 09:37:49 pm »
havent seen it yet but you can withdraw from aution before 12 hours of ending seller that is and many do use ebay as a advertising site . does it say anything thing in sellers terms and conditions if so they are covered not to sell.

its a hard one and i think ebay has got it wrong.

place a bid off 1000 cus it wont half cost them in sellers fees lol

because they will contact ebay saying you are a non payer then you reply saying that they would sell, ebay will take this as they are in the wrong and still charge them lol.

ps i have 5000+ feedback on ebay 
good idea ;)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

EasyClean

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 09:57:24 pm »
I would imagine Window Cleaning Rounds will secretly submit a high value bid to avoid this happening to 'Grafters' again. I think it is morally wrong what WCR are doing advertising on ebay with no minimum limit and not honouring the sellers accepted winning bid. WCR only use ebay for free advertising and should be struck off as a bad seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WCR don't impress me as a well run, HONEST, company I could trust. I would never use them! I would prefer to get off my backside and canvass if I needed to then use their services. I just don't trust them!!!!!!!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

s.hughes

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 10:09:43 pm »
Jay did you look at their feedback before you bid. It looks pritty bad.

Steve

xxmattyxx

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 10:18:25 pm »
Well, thanks guys, Im in Hampshire and was thinking of using those guys to increase my workload, I DEFFO wont now  ;D

Matt

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 10:21:12 pm »
Send them an email with the threat of court action.

Macc

Pittmonkey

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 11:06:34 pm »
He already gets a bit of a frosty welcome when he post on the forum. I doubt it will get any better  ;D

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'