Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gordons

This is how i see it
« on: June 20, 2007, 09:23:52 am »
I see someone has put a post on about gutter cleaning, but after the new law was passed about only being able to go so high on a ladder, does that mean you now need a cherry picker to clean out a gutter.

jouk45

Re: This is how i see it
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:02:02 am »
heres a recent topic, and pics of a gutter system. all done from ground level

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=37907.0

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 12:22:04 pm »
This is how we clean gutters:

Pressure Washer + Extendable Lance + Gutter Attachment = Job done safely from the ground.  8)

Andy

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 12:25:17 pm »
Doing the gutters that way does that not spray all the dirt out and down onto the ground below? then you have to clean all that up also
does the water not also spray up under the roof??

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 12:32:56 pm »
Doing the gutters that way does that not spray all the dirt out and down onto the ground below? then you have to clean all that up also does the water not also spray up under the roof??

Yes, some dirt does come out and falls to the ground, but it's not a huge problem cleaning it up (better than being up a ladder that high anyway).

The best way to do it is to clear the downpipes first and then blast everything thats in the gutters down the downpipes.

Andy

007 or what

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 01:02:40 pm »
wow
how much was that huge lance?

bumper

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 05:09:38 pm »
how do you get 4 inches thick and 2 foot long sod down a drain pipe best way is to use a ladder it usually  comes out in 1 long piece.

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 06:12:38 pm »
how do you get 4 inches thick and 2 foot long sod down a drain pipe best way is to use a ladder it usually  comes out in 1 long piece.

Just blast it out over the top and then sweep it up from the ground. Easy peasy... Much safer than using a ladder.

Andy

Majestic

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 06:16:13 pm »
In the picture were you actually cleaning a gutter or was it just for the camera, as when I do them I get covered in mess

supernova77

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 06:25:18 pm »
In the picture were you actually cleaning a gutter or was it just for the camera, as when I do them I get covered in mess

I was actually cleaning the gutter... There is a knack to not getting covered by falling sludge! It takes a bit of practise.

Andy

Dave hook

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 10:02:40 pm »
How do you know the gutters clean? You cant see in it! ;D
Money makes my world go round!

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 10:13:40 pm »
How do you know the gutters clean? You cant see in it! ;D

I have the same set up, after the first couple of gutter cleans you know. The gutters are like brand new.

Macc

gordonswindows

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 08:12:18 pm »
yes a great idea to clean gutters.

Blast all that dirt either over the edge onto the soffits,house,garden etc or just wash all that lovely stinking dirt down the drain pipe so in a few months or years the custy has to get the drains done.

Yeah well done.
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 08:42:18 pm »

Blast all that dirt either over the edge onto the soffits,house,garden etc or just wash all that lovely stinking dirt down the drain pipe so in a few months or years the custy has to get the drains done.

Yeah well done.

To Andy@SCS:- Unlike the above poster I appreciate you explaining how to clean gutters from the ground. I'm not too proud to learn and in the process earn.

Thank you.
It's a game of three halves!

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 08:44:20 pm »

Yeah well done.

Don't knock it until you've tried it matey & while you're at it try not to be so arrogant about methods  you've obviously not used

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 08:45:43 pm »
Malc you beat me to it  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 08:49:38 pm »
Malc you beat me to it  ;D

Great minds think alike eh? Chris? ;D

gordonswindows

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 08:55:43 pm »
Hey guys

love your knee jerk reactions

i was one of the early believers of the gutter vac system from omnipole and risked over £2500 of my hard earned cash . We have been using it for some time now and its already paid for itself four times over.

Now guys cmon and tell us what humble pie tastes like.
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Dean Aspects

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 08:55:52 pm »
Lately i have noticed that their is a general rudeness starting to creep into this forum
their is no need for it  >:(
if you have a genuine disagreement the discuss it like a grown up and not an immature school kid!!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 09:02:15 pm »
Aspects, you make a good point, but I suppose if I'd spent £2500 on a system, only to find Andy@SCS (and MACC) is doing a good job for himself and his customers with another rather less expensive kind of system then I might feel a bit irritated and be a little brusque when I posted my reply.  ;D