This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

Re: Just received a new toy today. (pics)
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 10:33:42 pm »
karl it wont overcharge, its called inteligent or something like that, its safer to get a spare battery
just in case you run out of power,

KarlJones

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2007, 10:40:22 pm »
it shot two liters out in 100 secs  on Level 1
it shot two liters out in 75 secs on Level 2
it shot two liters out in 65 secs on level 3
it shot two liters out in 55 secs on level 4

This was keeping the pipework as flat as possible (on my 18ft pole) coiled up and lifting up to get in the bath (the pipe, not me, I do not take a bath during scientific experiments).  As for the science, well its not that accurate and the time was rounded off to the nearest 5 secs to show that it was not a pin point dead cert. 
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Clear Vision

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 10:46:51 pm »
Thanks for sharing that info karl. That was good of you to do that.

But remember you will be turning it on and off between windows so It won't use as much water

KarlJones

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 10:49:57 pm »
and i just read the manual, and your right, the charger does switch from high to low power when the battery is full. 

Yes the seconds were just to give a vague indication of flow rate.  if you said it pumped out 1 Ltr per min on low rate and 2 Ltr a min on high you would not be miles out.

Clear Vision

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2007, 10:51:37 pm »
I changed the hozelock fitting on the backpack to the schrarder tap fitting.

I hate hozelock!!

mark dew

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2007, 10:54:37 pm »

I will tell you why I like it so much.....

1. Pull up to the house reverse into the back pack, grab your pole and off you go!
2. No trailing hoses across the pavement no worrying when your round the back of a house if anyone will trip over it.
3. No signs required. (trip hazard)
4. No hose getting caught on plants, steps, stones, furniture etc.
5. Total control between windows as the tap is on your waste. (i know you can still have a tap on yer wast on a fixed reel)
6. So much quicker on every job.
7. Don't need to worry where you park as you can walk a mile with the back pack.

I have a van mount but use a trolley instead of backpack most of the time now. I find the points made here are the same for me.
Water usage is considerably less for me now as well.
A portable system is well worth having whether you have a van mount or not.
Using extra length pole hose now has made life quicker and easier still.

KarlJones

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2007, 11:12:34 pm »
Thats the tap i got with mine.
Glad its a good one. :)

Clear Vision

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2007, 11:14:25 pm »
Its great!

That was supposed to come with mine but the boy in the warehouse forgot to put it on. They sent it the next day!

Its just a simple gas tap

jouk45

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2007, 12:45:10 am »
matthew, why would you need the  schrarder flow controler when you have the autobrush,

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2007, 06:59:43 am »
Mathew,
My shraeder female is forever giving me trouble, I have had to change 3 and they are £8 each. I think I get dirt in them on gardens. Any comments?
Like mines fine, or yes they go but they are worth it because they are better?

What I do now when one is playing up is replace it, and then put it into soapy water to try and clear it. Sometimes they are reusable. If anyone knows how to fix them please tell me. Otherwise I think I will have to order another 3 as spares.
(i do not have a back pack)

LWC

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2007, 08:25:10 am »
that  taps huuuuuuuuuge!

jouk45

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2007, 08:51:38 am »
Mathew,
My shraeder female is forever giving me trouble, I have had to change 3 and they are £8 each. I think I get dirt in them on gardens. Any comments?

What I do now when one is playing up is replace it, and then put it into soapy water to try and clear it. Sometimes they are reusable. If anyone knows how to fix them please tell me. Otherwise I think I will have to order another 3 as spares.

just get a small length of pipe lagging, slip it over the hose, when you join the connector, simply slip the piece of lagging over the shraeder, this will keep the dirt out as well as protecting it, just like the tennis ball idea.

Clear Vision

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2007, 10:48:37 am »
Mathew,
My shrarder female is forever giving me trouble, I have had to change 3 and they are £8 each. I think I get dirt in them on gardens. Any comments?

I can only think you are trailing the fitting across grass, drives, gravel etc when reeling in.  Thats the only way they get knackered.

When i got my new van mount system I was always dragging my shrarder fitting through everything. Within a week it was leaking and not working properly.

Now my back pack fitting  NEVER touches the ground and it's working perfectly!

The secret is, look after it and it will look after you.

Clear Vision

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2007, 10:49:57 am »
matthew, why would you need the  schrarder flow controler when you have the autobrush,

I dont use the auto brush joe. I just use the yellow cleantech one and the rectangular vikan ;)

oh...... and a blue gaz mon filliament swivel brush.

jeff1

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2007, 04:22:16 pm »
This is the taps I use, on my hose reel and my backpack, apart from the handle snapping (because of the dragging along the ground) they have served me well since december last year. supplied by purefreedom

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2007, 05:58:47 pm »
It's not the tap thats the problem (for me) it's the pushy in release thingy.

sham33

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2007, 03:50:54 pm »
Hi guys just got the back pack because of all the praise in this thread, seems a decent bit of kit. Can any 1 tell me where i can buy that caravan pump is there some where online? Will be pumping water out of main tank in van. Thanks

john tomkins

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2007, 05:12:43 pm »

Just had to get another 2, considering these are supposed to offer great wear resistance I'm finding they last 2 to 3 months at best, thats with a protectaball thing on it. Just starts leaking and spraying water out the connection, and i leave it permanently connected so it's not as if its down to that to wear it out!!
Anything any better?

NWH

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2007, 08:40:04 pm »
I`m getting my backpack tomorrow and am getting the microbore connecter,but why cant i just put a female microbore fitting on the end of the backpack,going by what people are saying you have to have the fitting in picture.

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2007, 09:47:22 pm »

« Reply #57 on: Today at 05:12:43pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Rain Water Eco WFP Systems on June 24, 2007, 05:58:47 PM

Just had to get another 2, considering these are supposed to offer great wear resistance I'm finding they last 2 to 3 months at best, thats with a protectaball thing on it. Just starts leaking and spraying water out the connection, and i leave it permanently connected so it's not as if its down to that to wear it out!!
Anything any better? 

Yeah, and I said to Justin does anyone else have problems with these and he said 'No no that I know of they are normally very reliable' but I though I caught a catch in his voice like a- yeah right and i'm going to be telling you at nine quid a pop once we've got you on the drip feed-   But I do have a vivid imagination.