This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Paypal
« on: June 08, 2007, 07:46:42 pm »
I have been asked by a few of my customers who pay by cheque if I had thought about using Paypal
A couple of years ago I tried Nochex but it did not take off.
But now with most people using ebay and having a Paypal account I am thinking of trying it again.
Just one question, not all of my customers pay the same amount so  how do I set it up so they can pay there price

East coast window cleaning Services

Re: Paypal
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 07:53:03 pm »
Just remember they charge a stupid amount of commision
P&R Window Cleaning

Jason Atwell

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:26:22 pm »
Just charge everyone the same, £5 is a nice amount!  You know you only do it for the enjoyment and not the money anyway! :P
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

JohnL

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 08:36:27 pm »
I dont understand the question because Paypal take basically any amounts of money, it does not have to be a fixed figure.

I would suggest you try coming to an arrangement with the customers re the interest charges which you will incur   ::)
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

matt

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 08:47:30 pm »
you can set it up so they enter the amount to be paid

then add under the paypal box ( PLEASE INCLUDE IN THE NOTES YOUR ADDRESS )

when you pay, paypal gives you the option to send the "reciever" your address, they also have a box for "SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS " this is where mine put the address

failing all of that, if they dont do either ( and i occasional get the odd 1 who dont seem to understand simple instructions ) i just e.mail the person who sent the cash and aks "what is your address please "

job done

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 09:08:31 pm »
Thanks Matt

LWC

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 10:01:05 pm »
i setup a paypal thing on my website, but some people who dont use it were put off by the fact that you had to sign up much to my disapoinment, with nochex you just enter your card details the amount and then click to pay

why not use both  ;)

matt

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 10:04:54 pm »

why not use both  ;)

indeed :)

now harm in 2, the more the merrier

the thing with paypal is as its now tied to ebay, a fair % of online users have it :)

Jon T.C.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 10:12:50 pm »
i setup a paypal thing on my website, but some people who dont use it were put off by the fact that you had to sign up much to my disapoinment, with nochex you just enter your card details the amount and then click to pay

why not use both  ;)

On my paypal payment, on my website, the customer does not have to sign up. Don't ask me how - I don't know - it just does.

As for the amounts you pay paypal, it is 3.4% + 20p. ( 54p per £10 ). You can claim back these charges against your tax - so as far as I'm concerned - it's as long as it's broad.

Regards Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

aztec

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 10:16:31 pm »
i was thinking of getting a hand held credit card payment machine , anyone know how much they cost? otherwise what about the customer paying 6 monthly or yearly in advance and guarantee them either 6 cleans in 6 months or for their loyalty 14 cleans for the price of 12 at the time of their choice, or a few inside cleans instead of an outside clean in the winter, just a thought

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 11:16:09 pm »
I had also thought about one of these hand held machines. But does anybody know about bank charges. I tried to keep away from a buissness account as its about 60p a cheque, if I remember rightly. You can usualy get away with it, but if folk are paying by card this may be stretching a point.

nat

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 11:47:16 pm »

why not use both  ;)

On my paypal payment, on my website, the customer does not have to sign up. Don't ask me how - I don't know - it just does.

As for the amounts you pay paypal, it is 3.4% + 20p. ( 54p per £10 ). You can claim back these charges against your tax - so as far as I'm concerned - it's as long as it's broad.

Regards Jon
The reason for this Jon is you have set up a merchant account so there for they can just enter their card detials without actually signing up through your shopping cart

if you only going to use a straight forward paypal account to recive money then they will have to have a paypal account in use to pay you with

matt

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 11:55:27 pm »
paypal are now charging to setup a merchant account now i belive

Majestic

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 11:55:45 pm »
I already have my own Paypal account , which one do I need to accept online payments. There are a few to choose from Payment Pro, Payment Standard

matt

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 11:58:50 pm »
i did a bit of a write up about it the other day

hang on

i wil have a search

matt

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 11:59:47 pm »
ive just been though the process and listed it below

merchant tools ( from the top menu )

Website Payments Standard ( from left H menu )

Next step: Learn how to integrate Website Payments Standard. ( from the middle text bit )

now under the blue boxs it says  "Or, customise your solution."

now click on "Buy now buttons"

Now i allways add the words " WINDOW CLEANING" as Item name / service

leave everything else black

choose a different button ( chose the 1 you like )

then right at the bottom is " create button now"

then you will have the code to insert into your website

nat

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 12:00:20 am »
you need a paypal merchant account to accept online payments, ie intergrated in your site and acting like a credit card machine.

my merchant account was free but knowing them robbing bleeders they probably are charging for it now!!

Majestic

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 12:21:21 am »
Sorted out the code for the  button,  but am having trouble getting it to work on my site. It just keeps showing text instead of the paypal button

LWC

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 07:18:43 am »
nochex gives you code for that to work straight away, i think with paypal, you have to add the picture then make it a hyperlink after, 2 secs i will have a little go

also, nochex charges 2.9% + 20p, little bit less than paypal...

LWC

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 07:29:58 am »
right, i just made it on mine

what are you using to make the site? did you enter it in as html?