Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NigelD

Credit Cards
« on: June 05, 2007, 10:44:25 pm »
Hello All

Have any of you arranged a facility to accept credit cards?
If you have do you feel it's been worth the cost?

To date I have told anyone that it's cheques only.

Thanks in anticipation for your feedback.

Nigel

jeff1966

Re: Credit Cards
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:24:35 am »
Nigel,I posted the same question some months back.The cost vary a bit from bank to bank.I had all the paper work in front of me but decided to put it on the back burner for a while.The set up fees for the rental of the mobile unit plus all the extras,can't remember what it was per transaction put me off.You do have to sign up for a mimimum period of 18 months,but the way people are paying for things is changing alot of shops are stopping accepting cheques,plastic is the future!As a marketing point I thought it was a good idea,something you can put in your advertisements.Alot people are thinking of having there carpets cleaned but don't have the cash at the time.

Chris R

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 08:35:00 am »
Hi Nigel
What company did you use? If it is streamline (Nat West) by joining the FSB you will not have to pay for a set up fee which is quite a saving plus you would get all the benifits  of being a FSB member.
                                                         Mark   

paul wright

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 01:27:32 pm »
tried this couple years back  cost at 20 month to streamline , had it on all my adds  ie thoms,yellow pages, bt book ,flyers,van    never got asked once if i take a card

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 02:44:29 pm »
I have never been asked to take a credit card,the card machines are good if you get  a lot of customers asking but not cost efficient to most small businesses.
Commercial work is usually paid via bacs,domestic work cash or cheque.
John

Steve Chapman

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 04:53:37 pm »
Was wondering if there are any viable alternatives to the streamline thingy, like getting customers to pay you via paypal?

Has anyone tried this?

regards
steve

stevegunn

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 05:13:46 pm »
More and more shops are not taking cheques because chip & pin is more secure only had 1 cheque bounce in 7 years.But through the FSB its a lot cheaper to do it 

John Kelly

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 05:44:27 pm »
Probably within 2 years cheques will be obsolete or will incur additional charges.

carpetguy

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 06:02:09 pm »
There is, however, the increasing problem of credit card fraud, which has certainly stopped us from using plastic.

I still prefer cash ! You then know you.ve been paid