Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brights cleaning

jetwashing
« on: June 05, 2007, 08:26:14 pm »
i used my pressure washer on my truckmounted cleaning machine the other day
great results but what a messy job
are there any attatchments i can buy to reduce the sprayback and over spill
seemed to take ages to clean stone flags
a 14 x 10 area took 2 hours at a psi of 2500
please help!

John Kelly

Re: jetwashing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 08:28:27 pm »
You need to get yourself a hard surface rotary preferably one with a vacuum recovery which are great for ceramic tiles. The Turbo Hybrid's are good.

brights cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 08:37:41 pm »
is there not just an attatment for the jetwash
i know alltec do the rx12 that recovers the water into the waste tank, but is it a good idea to put the debris of a patio or driveway through my machines wastetank
what do you think?

des

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 08:39:26 pm »
I  some times set up the vac pipe with a bit of waste pipr with holes in it to help recover the waste water and also get your self a turbo jet it will cut down your time .Get a dual pumps catalogue as it has a lot  of pressure washing items in it
des at mister clean

des

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 08:42:39 pm »
I think john ment a flat surface  cleaner like  whirl a way page 68 in the dual pumps catalogue
des at mister clean

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 09:00:05 pm »
If you get a flat surface cleaner with a vac intake you don't need to attach the vac hose when doing drives etc. All that grit isn't good for the hoses. However it is handy if you ever get asked to do ceramic tiles especially round swimming pools as you collect all the crud and prevent it going into the water.

stevegunn

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 09:05:28 pm »

Andy Foster

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 11:29:22 pm »
Hi

I wouldn't advise getting the water broom I'm afraid Steve.
Tends to leave stripes and if the pressure is over a certain level (dependant on which nozzles you have in it), it can lift off the ground and be quite uncontrolable.
A mosmatic or a whirlaway are by far the best solution for flag and block cleaning... if you get a mosmatic, most of their models have a recovery outlet already on them for sucking up the crud.
Don;t forget to get the right nozzles on whatever you get so you get the best cleaning results from your pump.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Eric Lloyd

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 04:22:48 pm »
Hi
Yes I'd go along with that, but the water broom is great for swilling away the stuff your rotary cleaner has freed off. It is not really a cleaning tool in its own right. (I run mine at idling speed after the clean, you just push it along and sweep the c**p into a drain or somewhere). I got a 22"whirlaway from Merrill Fox in the states and a 4-nozzle broom, all cheaper than here even with carriage (the $/£ rate is pretty good just now, he is great to deal with. Also I toyed with the idea of putting a more powerful pump in my truckmount but went for a power-washer off ebay ( have a look at Jetmac Systems in Co. Down, they do a whole range) but I have found that cleaning anything with a lance  is very messy and long-winded but a rotary will not cope with serious black algae or gum, even with 3600psi. You can get little plastic shrouds from Kleeneze catalogue to clip onto your lance - not tried them though. I would say you need at least 300psi and 16lpm flow rate to do a decent job but open to correction. Lots of posts here to go through which help. All the best, Eric

Eric Lloyd

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 04:27:11 pm »
sorry that should be 3,000psi not 300