Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AquaMagic

Van Sticker
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:45:34 pm »
Hello, just been reading up on the smoking ban.  Not only are you not going to be able to smoke in your van but you are also required to display a sticker in you van cab.

Order them here gents.

http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/content/order-materials.html

Dene

Re: Van Sticker
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 04:49:52 pm »
Being a harden smoker I'm going to wait until I'm well alight before I get into my van then they can't say I'm smoking :o

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 07:13:27 pm »
well mine are mostly used for privte use so im ok if you work out how many hours you spend driveing not cleaning just driveing im sure you will clock up more for privte use ,

you cant include going to first job and going home as paid work  ;) also if you are the only driver of that van then you will be ok to smoke in

it  well its when you start shareing vans you are in the poo

rambly

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 07:41:13 pm »
I'm gobsmacked.

I read this and cant help wondering why its in so many different languages and how much was spent in translation.

If all these different nationalities are living happily with speaking English, I dont suppose they will give a s**t about the ban as it is unlikely anyone would have the will power to take them to court! >:(
Remember the 8th commandment:
Thou shalt not steal - Gordon Brown hates competition.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 07:43:22 pm »
In a way your right 1st clean, but what Dene is saying is if you have a company name on the side of your van its classed a a company vehicle irrespective who's behind the wheel  :'(

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 07:46:02 pm »
You having a laugh Ramby, when the ban comes into force up here they are going to fine folks £80  for throwing dog ends on the ground.

rambly

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 07:54:21 pm »
You having a laugh Ramby, when the ban comes into force up here they are going to fine folks £80  for throwing dog ends on the ground.

Yeah but how long will take to find someone who can speak Albanian to nick them?
Remember the 8th commandment:
Thou shalt not steal - Gordon Brown hates competition.

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 08:03:21 pm »
Up here mate, Not long

Damian

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 08:14:04 pm »
How does this all work with company vehicles then? Im stumped? One van i drive has my name on it and is my business so how can i be told to not smoke in it? Granted other vans are linked to other businesses and all the staff who drive them are non smokers so its not a problem there. Can just see me smiling at some little jobsworth who is trying to fine ME for having a ciggie between jobs!! Now that WILL be funny! lol

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 08:26:58 pm »

Smokers driving company cars, vans, lorries and enclosed tractors in England could be fined £50 for lighting up at the wheel if the vehicle might be handed over to a colleague from work later in the day, the Department of Health said yesterday.

Under regulations it wants to enforce when smoking is prohibited in all enclosed public places , company vehicles would be treated as workplaces if they could be used by more than one employee. Drivers would not be allowed to smoke at the wheel if there was a risk that colleagues might later inhale their smoke, the draft regulations said.

Article continues
Employees who get a company car for their sole use will be allowed to smoke while giving a non-smoking colleague a lift to work, because the journey will count as private use. But employees sharing a pool car will not be allowed to light up, even if they are all heavy smokers.

Damian

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 08:32:46 pm »
Thankyou Dave, i supposed thats cleared some of it up? Mind you im not convinced how its all gonna be enforced-Maggie tried the poll tax and that was very succesful ::)

Damian.

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 08:35:51 pm »
Be mean like me and when someone wants to use your van tell them to p&** off its for smokers only

Damian

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 08:45:25 pm »
Be mean like me and when someone wants to use your van tell them to p&** off its for smokers only
Haha like it Dave!! The staff know if they get in MY van i'll be lighting up. Nothings ever said? I NEVER have a ciggie in ANYONES house even if they say to. My van is my retreat, i suppose like yours. Will take the hard line approach from now on!! lol

Damian.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 09:58:21 pm »
In a way your right 1st clean, but what Dene is saying is if you have a company name on the side of your van its classed a a company vehicle irrespective who's behind the wheel  :'(

true but if each employe as there own van you dont have to make them a smoke free zone thats what we have been told ?

i think its a loop hole thats going to get used alot