Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AquaMagic

I love curry
« on: June 04, 2007, 02:04:38 pm »
I love curry so much i can cope with the odd job of cleaning up after it. but.... on more than one occasion ive not been able to remove the stuff, this image shows a Constructed Saxony Polyester carpet, AFTER
Prevac
Cold Water Rinse
Bliz
Hot Rinse
Soil Break (mixed at correct temp and left to dwell)
Hot rinse
Red RX (no transfer to Towel)
Hot Rinse
Rust Remover (no tranfer to towel)
Hot Rinse.

As you can see i got a little desperate toward the end and went right to the other end of the PH scale as i wasnt getting any job at the BASE end.

so fellas what else could i have done (didnt want to go down the Heat Transfer method because carpet was polyester)  is this of those situations when an Oxidiser or a Reducer would be needed or is it just a case of "no can do".

Got another on Saturday by the way.

Dene

John Kelly

Re: I love curry
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 02:56:53 pm »
Dene, there are some stains which are just impossible to remove. This is one of them. The tumeric is the worst culprit as it is a strong dye.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 03:26:19 pm »
I will second that, Tumeric has got to be one of the strongest dyes you will meet in carpet cleaning. Better to qualify not much chance of removal to the client, before attempting to remove. Much better to eat the curry than tip it on the carpet.

chrisg

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 04:20:56 pm »
Have to agree with top posts, your best bet, if a custy wants JUST stain removal, and its curry!

AVOID LIKE THE PLAUGE

you should know that by now.

if you must attempt to remove it then oxidising agent, but you'll only improve it, if anything.

you wont ever make money on these jobs, only waste your time.

AquaMagic

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 04:23:07 pm »
I told client exactly that, the tumeric is used to dye rugs and clothing in some parts of the world, i didnt charge her for the job and advised i would only do so should i be succsessfull this was the only way i would accept the job.  Ah well you cant win em all.

Dene

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 04:30:20 pm »
Hi Dene,

I have never had much success in removing the yellow curry stain which is often an artificial colouring as well as Tumeric.

I once bought some artificial colouring to make 'Pillau ' rice, it was incredibly powerful and very difficult to remove from anything. I stopped using it after a couple of attempts because I didn't want to end up hyperactive :o

One way to turn these situations to your advantage is to suggest an insurance claim, where you write a report as to the impossibilty of removal.

Customer gets a new carpet and you get paid for attempting to remove stain and writing the report.

Cheers

Doug

AquaMagic

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 04:44:25 pm »
Thanks Doug, normally i would suggest this however the carpet in question was in a tenanted house, customer was worried that she will loose her bond,  should have been more carefull then methinks.

Dene

john rees

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 05:59:14 pm »
I've had success in the past with evans spotlight, It says it's designed for curry stain removal, got to be worth a try!

all the best
                                John
john

stevegunn

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 06:03:57 pm »
John where do you get this stuff?

john rees

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 09:58:03 pm »
Hi Steve
              I get it from a local supplier but here's the Evans Vandodine link,
               http://www.evansvanodine.co.uk/
               all the best
                                 John
john

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 11:41:15 pm »
Dene are you sure its poly as pics look like its wool ( hard to fully tell)

If its poly then go to Boots and buy a bottle of pure acetone apply to stain indirectly and let dwell for 10 mins then extract with warm rinse, if this does not fully remove it mix a little acetone with a small amount of fabric shampoo and apply to carpet and give a good agitation and let swell for another 10 mins then extract with an acidic rinse.This has worked for me a couple of times in the past but usually best results are on nylon.  ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

AquaMagic

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 09:28:25 am »
Hi Paul, defo Polyester (did burn test), the camera i isnt very good so you cant see the "shine" you normallet with polyester.  Will try the acetone trick though, thanks

Dene

Matt Lindus

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 06:05:58 pm »
Dene,

With respect. You are in buisness to make money, not rush around doing jobs for nothing.
It should have been £70 call out regardless of if it comes out or not. If she's unhappy with this, fine. Book another worth while job in its place or stay in bed, either way you will be richer that running around for jack ****.

The nicest men in this trade are usually the poorest!

Steve Chapman

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 06:17:25 pm »

The nicest men in this trade are usually the poorest!

Yeah stuff the customers and just grab there money  ::)

Who wants a nice carpet cleaner anyway, it's not like the customer will refer you to all their friends, relatives and neighbours  ::)

Best to think about the here and now rather than satisfied customers ::)

I sometimes do these for free ! - What an idiot  :o

Regards
steve

*paul_moss

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 06:25:05 pm »
Steve totally agree with you.

Matt there are jobs you want to do cos its the first time or you dont want to be beaten or its a good customer.
Some jobs we make a lot of cash from others we  dont it is up to each person to decide.

Dene asked for help on the stain removal and not on wether it is worth his while or not or if he should stay in bed  ::)

Dene its a very hard stain to remove if poss but GOOD LUCK MATE ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL