Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Re: Chewing Gum Remover
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 10:17:49 pm »
Steve,

I had a loan of one of these from a cleaning supplier in Newcastle about 2 years ago, and to be honest it didn't do what it was supposed to do.

It was  their demo model and I was trialing it to shift heavy deposits of kitchen grease.

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 10:27:57 pm »
reading the  ??? palarva  ??? people are going through to get rid of gum is making me chuckle,

buy a bazooka it takes less than 30 seconds per spot and you don`t even have to bend over.  ;D

*paul_moss

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 10:31:12 pm »
reading the  ??? palarva  ??? people are going through to get rid of gum is making me chuckle,

buy a bazooka it takes less than 30 seconds per spot and you don`t even have to bend over.  ;D

Tried one a couple of tears ago, there not very good.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Ian Rochester

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 07:09:35 am »
Agree, had a go with one a while ago, and if it's an old lump, stuck in the carpet and trodden down, bazooka wouldn't shift it.

stevegunn

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 08:12:37 am »

Also used one not very good  ;D

CARPET KNIGHTS

AquaMagic

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 01:42:27 pm »
Paul i was on about the Black n Decker thing that someone mentioned as a cheaper alternative to the Minitex for agitateing on suites, though you bought one must have got me wired crossed sorry mate.

Going to have a look at this sudbuster thingy now tho.

Dene

Derek_Walker

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 03:37:38 pm »
I have got one Dene, It works okay is light weight and is good value for the money. The charge will last for about 30 minutes. It comes with a soft brush which is ideal for stairs or suites. I have got some tiny microfibre bonnets which I got from Contico, these fit on there a treat. They were designed for the caddy which I have. Not good if you want to use it all day.

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 07:50:54 pm »
What are you lot talking about I`ve been using a bazooka for at least 5 yrs now and have never found a bit of gum that has not come up within 30 seconds, aswell as gum i`ve removed blu tak, plasticine and all sorts......

clive

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 10:13:07 pm »
I tried one on a school recently. Real problem as there is loads of gum and blue tac and all the carpets are bitumen backed tiles. Bazooka probably works well on carpets but the tiles looked like they had brown crop circles all over the next day so I sent it back and went back to a little steamer and rid a gum on a towel. Time consuming but I cant think of any other way.

Clive