This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david washbrook

Re: gutter cleaning progress report
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 10:08:49 pm »
poles apart

please will you give me a call i will then call you back as i would like to have a chat with you about this

hope you dont mind

thanks

dave 07789114272

poles apart

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 10:22:05 pm »
I'll call tomorrow.
Rod

david washbrook

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 10:24:45 pm »
rod

thanks very much i'll look foward to hearing from you

thanks

dave

marc

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 07:42:04 pm »
sounds a lot of money for what is a big hoover are there no others out there but at  a cheaper price  at 2700 it would take a long time to recoupe your money

poles apart

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 10:28:04 pm »
sounds a lot of money for what is a big hoover are there no others out there but at  a cheaper price  at 2700 it would take a long time to recoupe your money

Why would it take a long time to recoup your money? Every building has a gutter and most have never been cleaned due to a lack of understanding on the customers part. You just need to get out there and tell them what they need! It's not rocket science!
Rod

gary evans

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 06:23:19 am »
poles apart

Rod, i,m thinking of buying one, i also see youve sated that youve earned tha cost price back 4 fold.

What do you charge, per length, per metre etc also min. charge.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gary

poles apart

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 07:29:35 am »
Pricing was a difficult one as I'd never done this before and looking at comments on this site the price varied a lot. In the end I settled for £2.25 per metre for the first 100m, £1.75 the next 100, and £1.25 after that. I also put a min of 50m. It sounds cheap compared to some of the prices on here but bear in mind it's a commercial price and the building pictured earned me around £250 for 1 1/2 hours work! This price will increase for the domestic market.
Rod

marc

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 07:22:36 pm »
so poles apart if you were to buy one now would you buy the one you have  the onmi vac or another make altogether and how do you transport it about van or trailer and how much work do you do with it ie one day a week or three etc thanks                                                                                                   marc

poles apart

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 08:39:05 pm »
Well if I was to buy one again it would be the same machine. The Omnivac's spec is nowhere near this and as far as I can see it's an industrial wet & dry vac. I bought a box trailer to transport it but they are changing the spec so they can be folded up to fit a smaller vehicle. At the moment I wait until I've got orders for several jobs and do them in one hit.
Rod

poles apart

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 09:22:14 pm »
I've just received an email from the Upkeeper Corporation and following my suggestion to make the machine foldable they have now done this and have a video on their website.http://www.upkeeper.com/gutterkeeper.html
Just scroll down to 'New Folding Design'

Rod

david washbrook

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 09:41:19 pm »
hi rod

have you managed to go higher with the tubes yet as when i spoke with you you were trying to sort it out ionics say you carnt go any higher than 25ft thats what putting me of as i have a lot of tall buildings 3 or 4 story

please keep us informed as this is something i'm seriously thinking about

thanks

dave

mogy

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2007, 09:52:31 pm »
Mmmmmm £2700  ...thats an awfull lot of gutters worth !
 Mogy

poles apart

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2007, 10:30:36 pm »
hi rod

have you managed to go higher with the tubes yet as when i spoke with you you were trying to sort it out ionics say you carnt go any higher than 25ft thats what putting me of as i have a lot of tall buildings 3 or 4 story

please keep us informed as this is something i'm seriously thinking about

thanks

dave

I can do three stories with no problems and I've got the tubing to do four but haven't had the opportunity to test it properly yet. It's on my list of things to do!
Rod

G & M

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 12:18:53 am »
 Have to say well done, you spent a lot of money and put a lot of thought and effort into it. Nice to see that it is paying you back
Good for you. poles apart ,

PS have you any pictures of your camera setup?
Michael

mark dew

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 01:47:59 am »
Michael

Some more pictures would be nice. I like these type of threads, they're very interesting.

ps Did you advertise and quote for work before you bought the setup?

poles apart

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 05:17:18 pm »
Have to say well done, you spent a lot of money and put a lot of thought and effort into it. Nice to see that it is paying you back
Good for you. poles apart ,

Michael

I've put links to the pictures of the camers in the first post but I haven't got pictures of it in use as I just tape it to a pole!
Michael

Some more pictures would be nice. I like these type of threads, they're very interesting.

ps Did you advertise and quote for work before you bought the setup?

I'll put more pictures up on the next outing. I didn't advertise but spoke to all my customers about what I was intending to do and the feedback was good......so I did it!

Glen

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 11:49:44 am »
Hello Poles Apart,

I'm seriously considering buying this machine - could you possibly post some further details on your progress with it? Thanks in advance.

jeff1

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 02:01:50 pm »
My mate went to the local hire shop and bought a reconditiond Industrial wet & dry vac for £300, he further purchased extension hoses for another £30, that was over 9 months ago, so for less than £400 he made his own, within his first few Jobs he was in profit.

I just can't see the jusification paying over £1,000 for a hoover with a long pipe? I hope you can proove me wrong?

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 02:42:24 pm »
Hi,

Have a look at our new totally portable battery operated camera kit (with rechargeable wireless monitor/recorder/MP3 & MP4 player), http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270168548307&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017 which is ideal for seeing what you're doing at height (& recording it date- and time-stamped for showing it before and after to your customers).  It's also on our website at www.andwat.co.uk, complete with its own dedicated ultra lightweight telescopic pole for only £375 + VAT delivered - an ideal tool if you're gutter cleaning, and cheaper in total than anything else currently available.

Yours

Andrew

poles apart

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 05:45:07 pm »
Hello Poles Apart,

I'm seriously considering buying this machine - could you possibly post some further details on your progress with it? Thanks in advance.
I've got about 1000 metres of gutters to do in the next two weeks so I'll post more then.